17" wheels & tyres

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by stoney View Post
    some will it elf man had 16" on his R53 jcw !!!!!! im sure they where made to fit in the 16" wheels
    Hmmm, however did Elfman have the JCW brake kit?

Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    16" R56 wheels will fit over R53 JCW's brakes as I understand it ( but I might be wrong) the standard R56 brakes are the old style R53 JCW brakes which is no good if your punting on the R56.
    True dat is. And it's the R53 that is likey going.

Will check with David (JC's) tomorrow about what will fit on what.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Yep elf man did have the jcw brakes I'm sure
    New sig coming soon

The only 16" wheel available on the R53 that fitted over the JCW brakes was the bridge spoke (as on the Park Lane). All 17"s did.

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Andy the easiest and simplest solution is to give me your JCW brakes and then you can source a cheap set of 16's
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    Surely you should keep to 17s as the car is specced with a chilli pack and it would have come with a 17. The dealers like to keep them as close to the spec as they can for selling them back on.

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Have to correct Mr. Mon the Fish here - The JCW BRAKES for my R53 fitted behind the standard 16" 'STAR SPOKE' (or whatever they were called) alloys, not just the 'Bridge Spokes' or 17's etc. I should know, as I ran the car with them before I bought my Minilites. They were designed so that they'd fit under the standard 16" S wheels. There was a lot of cobblers talked about this at the time - I once even saw it stated that you had to have JCW 18's (!) to fit them - obviously a cunning rumour started by BMW to sell expensive alloys!!!

Back to Andy & Lenore's wheels - as Ian "I'm Getting Married in the Morning, Ding-Dong the Bells are going to Chime" King said, you'd really have to keep to 17's if it's a Chilli Spec.
    Last edited by ELFMAN; 28th July 2010 at 10:07 AM.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Car
    Quote Originally Posted by ianking View Post
    Surely you should keep to 17s as the car is specced with a chilli pack and it would have come with a 17. The dealers like to keep them as close to the spec as they can for selling them back on.
    Quote Originally Posted by ELFMAN View Post
    Have to correct Mr. Mon the Fish here - The JCW BRAKES for my R53 fitted behind the standard 16" 'STAR SPOKE' (or whatever they were called) alloys, not just the 'Bridge Spokes' or 17's etc. I should know, as I ran the car with them before I bought my Minilites. They were designed so that they'd fit under the standard 16" S wheels. There was a lot of cobblers talked about this at the time - I once even saw it stated that you had to have JCW 18's (!) to fit them - obviously a cunning rumour started by BMW to sell expensive alloys!!!

Back to Andy & Lenore's wheels - as Ian "I'm Getting Married in the Morning, Ding-Dong the Bells are going to Chime" King said, you'd really have to keep to 17's if it's a Chilli Spec.

Cheers guys.

Yeah, really need to stick to 17" to keep with the Chilli Pack feature.

A.

Car
    Mini R53 2005
    Andy, if you dont know what the car came with, it was specced with 17" S-Spokes

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Andy... I think I can help... Give me a call

Car
    Quote Originally Posted by JC Parts Dept View Post
    Andy, if you dont know what the car came with, it was specced with 17" S-Spokes
    Cheers David.

A.