Advice Needed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    watching me, watching you gauldrymini's Avatar
    Car
    TBA
    Looking for some advice / recommendations of a good body shop because...some wee sh*te threw an egg at our MINI tonight and it has left a mix of chips, scratches etc. on the paintwork just in front of the passenger side rear wheel.

Would be looking for a place in Dundee / Tayside area....

Not happy!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0208.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	2057

Andrew
    Last edited by gauldrymini; 27th July 2010 at 07:39 PM.
    Deposit paid ... something new this way comes!

cooperchris
    Ouch

I would throttle the sh*ts if i caught them doing that to mine

Hope you get it sorted

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Some "Dr.Colorchip" and a bit of elbow grease should sort that
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Gordy View Post
    Some "Dr.Colorchip" and a bit of elbow grease should sort that
    Not necessarily, eggs are probably the worst thing to be thrown at a cars paintwork. It can eat into the paint in just a couple hours. I have tried wet sanding the damaged areas before and polishing it back up and you can still see the damage fairly clearly.

Car
    TBA
    Quote Originally Posted by ianking View Post
    Not necessarily, eggs are probably the worst thing to be thrown at a cars paintwork. It can eat into the paint in just a couple hours. I have tried wet sanding the damaged areas before and polishing it back up and you can still see the damage fairly clearly.
    oh dear!!!

Taking the car out to a guy in Luncarty for him to have a look...

Still cannot get over the mentality of some people nowadays...you work hard, pay your taxes etc...get something you want, then for no reason an absolute d*ckhead throws an egg at your pride and joy

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Hangings too good for the beggars. Trouble is, I bet the @sshol£s think "it's just an egg, won't do any real damage".

We had our X5 keyed just before we traded it. Some folk have si little respect for other peoples property.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Car
    Mini R53 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyP & Lenore View Post
    Some folk have so little respect for other peoples property.

A.
    Thats one of the main reasons im getting rid of my MINI, and it doesn't even matter if you park a mile away from tesco in an empty spot, someone still wants to 'be beside you' and needs a tin opener to get into the car cos there parked that close

Car
    TBA
    Our MINI goes into the bodyshop on Monday for a couple of days...the guy had a look at the damage and couldn't believe how deep the damage was...down to the primer level. There is also a dent so...it is going to prove to be an expensive egg!!!

Here is hoping the guy does a good job.

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    How did you get on?

Mindless b@****ds! There's really nothing you can do either. If you get a hold of them, you'll either be 'done' for assault and abduction, or you'll get a knife in the ribs as well as scrapes on your car. Scunners me. Also if you do take action and they see your car anywhere afterwards, it'll get kicked in. It's a 'lose-lose' situation I'm afraid. If someone did that to mine while I was in it, I reckon I'd lose the plot and go after them anyway and either be up for murder or in intensive care!

One of the reasons I'm lucky to have the old Peugeot as 'backup' is that it lets me 'MINImise' using the MINI anywhere I'd be concerned about etc, but it can happen even when you think it's 'safe'.

Hope you're getting it sorted.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Car
    TBA
    ...we got the car back tonight and while it is a big improvement it is not a perfect job. Didn't really think we would get that "factory finish"...

STILL though about the whole thing....

time is a great healer (except paintwork!)

PS. Sharon did give chase but the cowards vanished back into their "hovels"