47 MPG!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    I average about 22MPG normally cos I dont like to drive the way I was told when I was 17 (OK before anyone else says a word....A VERY VERY LONG TIME AGO)

Today I had a 160 mile round trip to make so I thought (yes I can think)

Lets zero the computer and see what MPG I can achieve:)

I managed a very respectable 47MPG I never drove above 65 MPH and drove like my DAD:approve::approve:

Wul
    It is possible to achieve 99.9mpg - whilst going down hill reset the trip comp and put your foot on the clutch whilst removing your foot from the accelerator!

Not exactly IAM recommended but made me laugh for a millisecond!

duncan
    My old man has a Golf TDi and it goes past 99.9, it's wierd seeing 137 mpg on the trip computer!

Woz
    Dont have the trip comp so had to calc by hand. We got about 41 mpg (ish) on a trip of 315 miles. Most of it on m-ways at speeds between 70-90.

That is in a cooper so I am more than happy with that.

GAJ
    I have big heavy feet and average well less than 30 MPG most of the time. I can sometimes squeeze into the low 30's if I am mainly out of town and manage to keep the heid with the speed.

I rely on the OBC as I can't do the sums to work it out for myself:)

GAJ
    I managed 44.1 mpg on the way back from Glasgow today. That was never exceeding 70mph and accelerating gently. On the way through yesterday i averaged 30mpg but I was late and travelling a wee bit quicker!

Julz
    quote:Originally posted by john

I never drove above 65 MPH
    Were the police following you?? Otherwise I don't believe you!!

DNV122
    I once saw 33mpg on mine, but that was a long time ago. My computer has defaulted to numbers in the low 20's - must check the OBC digits are not faulty.....

Ive seen 158mpg on the family wagon.....

Julz
    I reset my trip thingy this morning and got a rather healthy 23.5mpg on the way to work!! She must be behaving after discussions with the Purse Strings at the weekend over her replacement!!:(

Sponsor & Jakey
    quote:Originally posted by Julz

''replacement!!''
    Sh..shh..shhhh.. surely NOT!!! :(
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)