Rear View Mirror Vibration

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Test Passed
    Car
    Chili Red Cooper D
    Quote Originally Posted by ianking View Post
    I always say to the dealer not to clean the car. The valeters use a sponge and the bucket of soapy water has cleaned the ten cars before yours so is full of grit etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by N16SHP View Post
    Yeah I told JC's not to clean the car as it had a proper 3.5 hour clean on te outside the day before. It was imaculate, and when I picked it up, they'd take a hose to it. I was livid. I went back in and said, at what point does your cleaner not think yeah this car does not need a clean? I was just greated with a blank facial expression....UGH!
    Maybe I was lucky and they really did only throw a hose over it as it had only gone about 10 miles or so since it was washed and the black wheels weren't even dusty. I'll know for next time - they did manage to hoover it ok though!
    Last edited by cat1spot; 6th August 2010 at 02:45 PM.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Not really a motorway thing, more a twisty road I think. After hours of driving in the highlands trying to keep up with the other Mini's you get to appreciate it.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Test Passed
    Car
    Chili Red Cooper D
    Quote Originally Posted by GCA3N View Post
    I believe the only thing the sport button does is sharpen the throttle response and reduce the power steering making you feel more intouch with the road.(ie feel stiffer) Neither would or should effect vibration. (There may also be a change in the ECU settings, unsure about that though)
    Ok will give it a go but if the mirror falls off its your fault

The steering feeling heavier would be quite good, even after a year and a half of mini driving I still find the steering quite light, but thats after five years of driving a streetka so anything would be light after that -it was a neat wee car with steering similar to a bus.

I have called the garage so when my Dooper is in getting the clutch fixed (23rd August)they are to check the mirror aswell the service adviser is contacting mini and ordering parts for the mirror if they have a fix for it so when it goes in on the 23rd they can replace it to save me a return visit

P.S how you liking the sports button Vicki
    2011 Mini CooperS COUNTRYMAN with CHILLI PACK in ROYAL GREY , 1998 Mini COOPERSPORT in BRITISH RACING GREEN

Test Passed
    Car
    Chili Red Cooper D
    Quote Originally Posted by ajamesj View Post
    I have called the garage so when my Dooper is in getting the clutch fixed (23rd August)they are to check the mirror aswell the service adviser is contacting mini and ordering parts for the mirror if they have a fix for it so when it goes in on the 23rd they can replace it to save me a return visit

P.S how you liking the sports button Vicki
    Not tried it yet as I wasn't out in the car at the weekend and my normal journey to work is all dual carriageway. The mirror's getting replaced on Friday (along with a new coded arch) so I'll let you know if it's fixes the problem.

What was up with your clutch?
    Cooper D, Pepper Pack, Sports Pack, Visibility Pack , mfsw, black viper stripes.

There is resistance in the foot pedal of the clutch and the last part of travel the pedal creaks and squeeks it is supposed to be a known fault on 2009 builds and is something to do with the clutch slave cylinder which is mounted on or in gearbox. Not long till it goes in now this coming Monday

Andy
    2011 Mini CooperS COUNTRYMAN with CHILLI PACK in ROYAL GREY , 1998 Mini COOPERSPORT in BRITISH RACING GREEN

GCA3N
    hope it all gets sorted dude.

Test Passed
    Car
    Chili Red Cooper D
    After visiting the dealer last week:

I have a nice new wheel arch and a mirror that still vibrates . I'm a wee bit hacked off - they couldn't have taken it for a test drive or they'd have noticed.

At least with removing the dealer sticker and replacing it with a new red NMS one on the back window it's not so noticable. Car going back to dealer on the 30th for another look to see if they can fix it.

Andy - Good luck with yours on the 23rd, your clutch must be really annoying, mirror vibration being pretty minor in comparison - there's always wing mirrors!

Vicki
    Cooper D, Pepper Pack, Sports Pack, Visibility Pack , mfsw, black viper stripes.