Does anyone really care where a message is sent from?

Resident old yin.
    Mods,

Could we please encourage people not to append this sort of this to their posts:

"Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk"

Life is too short for us all to be reading this surely?

Sent from my laptop using the keyboard

Delboy

GCA3N
    It's a tad annoying ken but u really shouldn't let yourself get annoyed with such stuff.

Sent from my phone slightly drunk....burp!

Nope.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
    Cooper Coupe...

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    The only thing that bothers me more than that by-line on a post, is when someone posts a site feedback thread into the off topic and banter forum.

But's because I like you Ken, I'll move it for you.

Seriously though, it really doesn't bother me at all. It may be that whoever is using tapatalk to post replies doesn't realise there's an update to the APP which allows them to remove that by-line.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Sadly, there's nothing we can do, except edit every post as it comes in and as you have said Ken, life's too short for that

As Andy points out, folks can change the settings in your phone to stop leaving that message................which i did for my Droid

Resident old yin.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gismo Man View Post
    Sadly, there's nothing we can do, except edit every post as it comes in and as you have said Ken, life's too short for that

As Andy points out, folks can change the settings in your phone to stop leaving that message................which i did for my Droid
    I would ask users to do so

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by KenL View Post
    I would ask users to do so
    Then do it Ken.

As much as it's something that mildly irks me, it's not something that breaks the forum rules or even gets close to what's not acceptable on a public forum, so there's really no grounds for any site official to make a formal request of those who use Tapatalk to post with.

Taking into account the recent "discussion" over the use of NMS, personally, I'm just glad people are finding new ways to stay in touch with the site and contribute to the community. If that means they have a daft statement at the end of their post, so be it.

I really don't want to sound funny or obtuse, but can't you just.... well.... not read that bit at the end of their post?

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    It is a tad annoying but as Andy has said it doesnt break any site rule so it is hard to act on. I find not reading it does stop it bothering me though

Sent from my Iphone
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Resident old yin.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyP & Lenore View Post
    Then do it Ken.

As much as it's something that mildly irks me, it's not something that breaks the forum rules or even gets close to what's not acceptable on a public forum, so there's really no grounds for any site official to make a formal request of those who use Tapatalk to post with.

Taking into account the recent "discussion" over the use of NMS, personally, I'm just glad people are finding new ways to stay in touch with the site and contribute to the community. If that means they have a daft statement at the end of their post, so be it.

I really don't want to sound funny or obtuse, but can't you just.... well.... not read that bit at the end of their post?

A.
    My previous post did ask people to turn this feature off.

Gee whiz! Wish I'd never started this thread now