clutch gone :(

Car
    R53 Cooper S jcw
    well on my way home last night my clutch finnaly gave up! felt it slipping for about a week and was putting off geting it done till next week! £££
    trust me!!
    was quite a mission driving without a clutch lol
    abondoned it outside my m8s garage, its now on the ramp with box off! hope its done for tomorrow so i can get it nice and clean for sunday!
    rant over!
    anyone had one done and would like to share how much it cost em??

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Ianking has done several and i'm sure he'll advise the time involved for a competent mechanic to perform the job

Car
    '55 plate Cooper S Checkmate
    Mate..am goin to see ma mate Jamie..he's a mechanic for mini and BMW..I'll ask him!

Give me a text if ye want me to 07500959702

Car
    Mini R53 2005
    I got my box taken out in june, to have the clutch bearing fixed.

was a good 700 quid for the full repair lol

cooperchris
    We had our clutch changed after the thrust bearing collappsed.

The clutch for our cooper only cost us £100 and lucky enough for us it was free labour from the father in law.

Dont know what a cooper s clutch will cost.

Car
    R53 Cooper S jcw
    Cheers guys! Got a call tonight from my m8 saying it was collapse so will be £350! Result! If the flywheel needed doom it would have been £650. Phew!

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    Yeah Ive done 2 on R50 Cooper. Took me about 4 hours from car on the ground broken to var back on the ground working.
    I paid £100 for the clutch but fitted it myself. I dont think the R53 is much different but I think the intercooler has to come off to gain access to the gear change selector.