plastidip

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Car
    R53 Cooper S jcw
    Has anyone used this? any good? Im gona try it on some of my chrome bits, will i need to primer before i paint with the plastidip??

don't use plastidip! It's gonna look like ass, if you want to change the colour of some chrome parts, take the time and paint them..

to answer your question though, no need to prime. (but what does that tell you about the end result)

GCA3N
    Well I used it on a few bits and bods on my old cooper and depending on what you put it on it can have mixed results. For example seen it done on the spot light backs and I thought it was ok. I done it on the light rings at the front and it was ok but not great so ended up peeling it off. If u don't use a primer it will peel of quite easily, if you want it more perminent then priming will do that.

What is good about it is it's easy cheap and is totally reversable, so ideal if your thinking of doing a more proffesional job, (or like me buy them all painted) in the future and want to see what its like before hand.

As previously stated though if you want it to look professional then you have to pay a bit more.

Resident old yin.
    I say leave the chrome alone. Bits of black here and there do not look anywhere near as good as MINI intended.

But then again, it is YOUR MINI!

Car
    R53 Cooper S jcw
    Cheers guys! I'm not to sure about what kind of finnish it would leave but wanted to see how some of my chrome bits looked black. So I guess it's ideal if it peels off easily. If it looks gash I'll have the bits painted :)

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by bry_mini View Post
    Cheers guys! I'm not to sure about what kind of finnish it would leave but wanted to see how some of my chrome bits looked black. So I guess it's ideal if it peels off easily. If it looks gash I'll have the bits painted :)
    Go for it Brian like you say it's reversible.

Car
    R53 Cooper S jcw

Ps.....it's brYan

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by bry_mini View Post

Ps.....it's brYan

sorry you spell it wrong...

Car
    R53 Cooper S jcw

Car
    '55 plate Cooper S Checkmate
    im lookin forward to seeing this!!!