Breaking new.........

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hogman
    If he does race then dont expect him to be near the front

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Well the GOAT has been given the green light by the circuit doctor to race this weekend I think he'll manage a top 6 place...maybe even into the top 4
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Gordy View Post
    Well the GOAT has been given the green light by the circuit doctor to race this weekend I think he'll manage a top 6 place...maybe even into the top 4
    I take it you're not fond of him then

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gismo Man View Post
    I take it you're not fond of him then
    I hope thats a bit of sark Boss, GOAT = Greatest of All Time, possibly Steve Parish's most over used phrase of all time lol!

I think Rossi is the type of guy, although i'm not a huge fan, knows his own body, and knows that if he wasn't fit, he wouldn't ride. This season is not even close to being over, so I think he's determind to make it as hard as possible for Jorge!!
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

Hogman
    My prediction is Rossi will do well considering, but a top 6 finish is about as good as things will get, although with Rossi you can never write him off!!

GOAT - really, not sure now as you have to consider that nowadays all the traction control, launch control etc etc etc massively helps the rider, now if they didnt have any electronic help then without doubt he would be the goat! The thing is you will never know as its impossible to pit riders from different generations against one another to really know he is the best ever.

One thing for sure, cant wait for first practice today!!

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogman View Post

GOAT - really, not sure now as you have to consider that nowadays all the traction control, launch control etc etc etc massively helps the rider, now if they didnt have any electronic help then without doubt he would be the goat! The thing is you will never know as its impossible to pit riders from different generations against one another to really know he is the best ever.
    Totally agree with the last part of what you said, it is impossible to compare sportsmen for different generations, however I think if you take away the technical aids and just look at Rossi as a competitor and a born winner, thats where i'd say he wins the GOAT!
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    All the techno gizmos are a relatively recent thing in the last 2 or 3 years. There was none of that stuff on the bikes when he won his world championships on the 125/250 Aprillias and the 500cc 2 stroke NSR Hondas....god I wish they could bring the 500's back....all that power sliding...awesome stuff. If they took all the electronics off the bikes tomorrow Rossi would be nearly the only one who could handle it. Hayden would be the only other one IMO But hey that's progress for you..!!
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Hogman
    Aye its a shame that electronic gismos have to come into play, just make it true rider ability.

Rossi was complaining last year that the extra electronics make them much easier to ride hence relative new comers to the sport are able to compete so quickly.

It will be interesting to see Rossi on a Ducati, I personally dont think he will be all dominant then!

I have had money on Lorenzo to win the championship this year, the bet was made prior to the start of the season, I still reckon I am in for a win!

Hogman
    Rossi was 7th in QP1 today, Lorenzo was only just ahead so not a bad effort