JCW Steering Wheel

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    Its an absolute doddle to fit. Even AndyP could do it

Ewan, your car must have had if fitted after as well as yours is an 08 plate as well is it not.

Car
    Quote Originally Posted by GCA3N View Post
    very nice Ian. Tell me can you retrofit the multifunction steering wheel ? obviously as mine is the standard cooper S one. Also how much are these for just the standard JCW without multifunction capability.
    Dont know about retro fitting multi finction, best to ask Mikey if that can be done.

My car has multi function so you just change the buttons and holders over instead of buying the JCW carbon covers. The covers are optional as they dont come with the wheel. I only bought the bottom one as didnt want to do away with my buttons.

It's putting a screwdriver in behind the airbag that bothers me- seems a bit of a faff

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    With the R56 you put an allen key in the wee hole and that releases the bag.

With the R50,53 do you have to make a wee slit in the indented bit of the bag at the back then release it by putting the screwdriver in???

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by ianking View Post
    With the R50,53 do you have to make a wee slit in the indented bit of the bag at the back then release it by putting the screwdriver in???
    Correct, though not a slit, sounds bad having to pierce the outer layer, but, it's invisible given it's location

Resident old yin.
    Looks lovely. I fancy one of those, but I imagine they are pricey - especially when I am after new golf irons!

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)

Ewan, your car must have had if fitted after as well as yours is an 08 plate as well is it not.
    Yip.. July 08... guessing it was the same owner who bunged on the Carbon scoop, handbrake lever, JCW side scuttles and strut brace

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    Quote Originally Posted by KenL View Post
    Looks lovely. I fancy one of those, but I imagine they are pricey - especially when I am after new golf irons!

Stuff the golf bats ... you'll have waaaaay more fun with the Alcantara wheel!

There is a good DIY guide over on TM on how to change the steering wheel over.

I like mine and really missed it when I was driving with the normal steering wheel on.

If I had my time again I would buy the leather one without the alcantara.
    Cooper Coupe...

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4

Its an absolute doddle to fit. Even AndyP could do it
    Looked at the pic, then Ian's post and, I'm sorry, but I can't stop laughing.

However, nice job Ian, looks the muts nuts.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto