Spraying chrome grill?

Car
    '55 plate Cooper S Checkmate
    Right folks..need some advice here.

I've got a cooper S Checkmate..and as much as I love it..I've not really done any mods to it to make it mine..and I feel I'm gettin a wee bit bored of the standard look..

so..I'm gonna get the Shelby stripes for the front and back..and I'm not a huge fan of the original decal and feel the back is abit bare looking..and I've got an idea for a cracking roof decal aswell!

I've got the full chrome grill and was wondering if I can spray the grill slats to match the body..or can I buy them for a good price and swap over cos I want the shelby to carry on down the grill too

Also..if anyone has any other ideas don't be shy to offer them

Thanks

GCA3N
    I've done a fair bit of spray painting on various bits and bobs on the car. Chrome is quite hard to do, and would be tricky if you wanted the stripes too. I would certainly have a go at it if you wanted, obviously you would supply the paint, primers etc. I recon I could do it for you for about 20-30 pounds. I live in Arran so you would either have to post them over or bring them over. Anyway let me know.

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    Should the checkmate not have come with a colour coded front grill when new anyway? R53 Cooper Ss had the slats of the grills in body colour.

Possibly the chrome trim option pack was spec'd, this had a chrome rear boot handle as well. These were free on a Cooper, but cost you on an S. Only BMW/Mini could come up with such a wheeze...

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    '55 plate Cooper S Checkmate
    Quote Originally Posted by GCA3N View Post
    I've done a fair bit of spray painting on various bits and bobs on the car. Chrome is quite hard to do, and would be tricky if you wanted the stripes too. I would certainly have a go at it if you wanted, obviously you would supply the paint, primers etc. I recon I could do it for you for about 20-30 pounds. I live in Arran so you would either have to post them over or bring them over. Anyway let me know.
    Thats kind of you mate! ..gonna try find out if my mate has any kicking about his work and it could be a straight swap..if I can't get an easier option..I'll deffo give you a shout man!!

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by Fartin Martin View Post
    Thats kind of you mate! ..gonna try find out if my mate has any kicking about his work and it could be a straight swap..if I can't get an easier option..I'll deffo give you a shout man!!
    No probs dude.