12v car polisher.

E1ONN
    i was looking at just a cheap polisher from halfords, this one had a 12v cable that powers from the cigeratte lighter. do you think it is a good idea and you think it will drain the battery?

cheers

GCA3N
    Not used one of these but I cannot see it being a great idea running it from the battery, atleast while the engine is not running. As far as the polisher goes what were ur intentions ie occasion use etc, You don't have to spend crazy money to get a decent polisher, I got a meguires one a few months back theres a couple of threads about it. Fantastic machine with great results. One other thing I did find that due to the paint being hard on the minis it took a while to see any decent results,(and that was from a decent polisher) I am not sure on a mini that a 12v halfords machine would be worth it, my opinion anyway. Ian King should be along soon he's your man for advice on this matter.
    Last edited by GCA3N; 6th July 2010 at 09:35 AM.

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    The 12v isnt really a polisher in the sense that the Meguiars one is or a rotary one is.
    Its really just for applying the likes of autoglym polish or meguiars NXT. If you give it any pressure it just stops and just makes a mess anyway. I wouldnt bother with it.