Watches.

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Car
    motorised
    No. Not sweeping it's a 'ticking' second hand.
    s'later

Flickr
    500px

Car
    motorised
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    RPN - Mondaine are very good watches... I have one for my everyday use.... very easy to see simple and classic and not a lot of money.
    I love my Mondaine, very simple and easy to read design. As I said based on Swiss Railway clocks. The second hand of these clock goes round the clock face in 59 seconds, then stuck on the 12 position for an extra half a second!

Info here

Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    I'm not a Rolex fan.... and not a Tag fan ... sorry. although the Monaco Tag I had was ok.... Breitling are ok but not really my style I had one well actually two but traded them.
    Me too, come across so many of those Far-East Lolox copies.

But then again Mrs rpn got a Rolex but bought here in Aberdeen so I know its a 'real' Rolex
    s'later

Flickr
    500px

Delboy
    This thread is working out even better than I had hoped .

Mind you, maybe I shouldn't have put it in the Photography Section due to the LACK OF PHOTOS .

will take some tomorrow.
    Cooper Coupe...

Well just took my photos of the watches I have at the moment:

The first one is my Favourite watch which I got last year at the MotoGP at the TISSOT stand, picture of the front and rear of the watch. It only comes out on special occasions just now.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	watches 1.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	1997

Name:	watches 2.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	2001

This one is a watch my mum bought for me as a late 21st birthday present and gave it to me on my 22nd birthday, which was 15 years ago now. It gave up the ghost 3 years ago while I was on holiday in Florida, so I had to buy myself a new watch to keep me going so whilst wandering around Wal-mart in Kissimmee I found the watch below this one (The black one), and it has now become my daily user and it is brilliant, it even has this feature where you tilt your wrist so much and it lights up itself, when I found that out I was like W O W (yes im easily impressed, just a big kid at heart and always will be )

Name:	watches 005.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	1998

Name:	watches 3.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	1999

The next one is the one my dad always used... It's an OMEGA Gene've DYNAMIC I picked it up and took it out of my cupboard and its still working!!! after being in my cupboard for the last 15 years!!!

Name:	watches 4.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	2000

Well thats my lot so far, not as impressive as others in here but I'm happy with what I've got so far, one day if and when I can afford it I would like to try and get a TAG Heuer coz I do like them but they are just too dear for me .

Theres nothing worse than being in public and drooling all over the windows outside a jewellers shop
    Last edited by zimbo; 5th July 2010 at 10:34 PM.

Delboy
    Quote Originally Posted by zimbo View Post
    Theres nothing worse than being in public and drooling all over the windows outside a jewellers shop
    Nothing wrong with that Zimbo - I do it all the time!

Well done with the photies . I've got a similar Casio G-Shock too - it's fricken awesome and withstands any amount of punishment! I wear it when I don't want to worry about scratching or bumping my watch, or when I'm swimming .

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Ours..

My Tag Formula 1

My Tag Heuer Calibre S

My Ebel.

Lenore's Tag

Lenore's Dior

Lenore's Raymond Weil

Had a wee play with my 50mm lens too.

And Zimbo, I wouldn't worry about it..... Lenore and I are constantly hanging round the Jewellers wherever we go, gazing at the watches we want but can't afford.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Delboy
    I love this Citizen - solar powered so never needs a battery, perpetual calendar so never needs adjusted, titanium so is very light, chronograph, alarm, dual time - the technology is amazing.

A recent purchase was this Rotary Chronospeed - I really like this as an every day watch. It was remarkably cheap but looks amazing on and catches a lot of admiring glances - I love the matt black finish on the bezel and buttons. Not unlike a TAG F1 I think. Amazingly, you get a lifetime warranty with every Rotary if you allow them to service it every 3 years .

Last edited by Delboy; 18th July 2010 at 11:20 AM.

Delboy
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyP & Lenore View Post
    Ours..

My Ebel.
    Like this one Andy .

I also share your drooling over the TAG Calibre S

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
    Like this one Andy .

I also share your drooling over the TAG Calibre S
    Cheers Del.

Gotta say, that Rotary looks stunning. I have to admit I'm a huge snob and seldom even look at the Rotary's and Citizen's etc... I head straight to the expensive shelf and bypass the rest.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto