Watches.

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast
    Delboy
    Another passion/obsession/vice/interest/etc ..... I have is watches . Anyone else into watches? I don't just mean really expensive ones - I like all kinds.

My pride and joy however is a TAG Heuer Aquaracer that I bought in December 2007 - I had wanted a TAG for literally 10-15 years and finally got one when I was in LA that year while the exchange rate was $2/£1 .

I've never photographed a watch before so thought this might be an interesting thread to start in our Photography Section - hope to see photos of lots of watches here so I'll kick off with my Aquaracer.

Last edited by Delboy; 18th July 2010 at 11:15 AM.

GCA3N
    This is what I have not as nice or as expensive as yours Del. Always fancied a Breitling love them, I got this a couple of years back so i'll make do with this for a while

Car
    Mini R53 2005
    Im not into watches at all... but i did get a massive collection of pocket watches for my 21st! (around 30+) all in mint condition.

Will try and get them dug out and pics up

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Yeah, im a bit of a watch nut! It was passed on by Dad, who has not a bad collection! I got my best watch for our engagement last year, its a Tag Aquaracer Calibre S. I've also got a Breil that i've always wanted purely from the days of watching World Superbikes in the days of Troy Bayliss and Colin Edwards, who always got one when they stuck it on poll.

Anyway, here is a picture of my watch from the net, and will play around with the Macro settings on my camera and get a couple of pics up sometimes!

MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    I like my watches. Got a couple of Tags a carbon Duccati Breil and some others. Will take some pics and get them posted up
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Delboy
    Great stuff guys , keep 'em coming! I had a feeling I wouldn't be the only one on NMS with a watch fetish .

(David - that's some collection of pocket watches , can't wait to see a photo of that lot!)

Car
    R56 Factory JCW

This is mine... not overly expensive but lots of people comment on it especially when I was a salesman lol I coulda sold more watches than TVs

Im due for a new one now as this one has to get serviced every few months.

From Factory JCW to Audi TT Quattro - Might be back one day!

Car
    R53 GP
    Got a Rolex 50th Anniversary Submariner. Old man collects Rolex's and I managed to bag this off him for near half the retail price

quick phone pic, no box pics

Delboy
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanK View Post
    Got a Rolex 50th Anniversary Submariner. Old man collects Rolex's and I managed to bag this off him for near half the retail price
    Nice deal Ryan, and a super watch - pure class .

Car
    F56 Cooper

I have the Tag Heuer F1 Classic, I bought it fifteen years ago. (scary). Been with me ever since. It did go into its great round plastic case with the Big Tag on but now it has a few scratches etc I just keep beside the car keys these days. Still got the spare links in the case with the receipt.

Pic off Flee bay..............

First battery lasted ten years and that’s the only cost I’ve had with it as it had to be send it away for them to replace it as the jewellers said it had to be done right to guarantee the 200M.

Great watch that I’ve enjoyed but it was not that expensive back then around £200-300.

A friend bought a copy one and said " £20 and looks the same and tells the time" but I thought it looked rough and it lasted four months and even before that the fake Tag sticker was falling around inside it. Must Say I have always hated fake.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!