Removing Bonnet Stripes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Question....how easy is it to remove "dealer fitted" bonnet stripes? Is it a case of applying heat, or what chemicals would help? Can it be done successfully?
    Has anyone done it before?

I removed some from my pepper white using the hair dryer came off really easy.
    Cooper Coupe...

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by weefossy View Post
    Question....how easy is it to remove "dealer fitted" bonnet stripes? Is it a case of applying heat, or what chemicals would help? Can it be done successfully?
    Has anyone done it before?
    As said hair drier will do the trick. You'll get a little residue left so I used autosmart glue and tar remover worked a treat. Mind though that will take off any product/ wax etc off so wee wash and wax afterwards is a good idea.

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Yeah as Greig/fi say a hairdryer is good, although I boiled a kettle and let it cool a bit then poured that over the stripes and they came off easy. And as Greig says you might need some tar remover to get rid of some of the left over glue... Is this on a new project ??

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    I will do it for you if you want.
    I will be working in the garage all next weekend on a new Merc if you want to pop past.
    give me a call if you want

Thanks Ian, I will give you a call towards the end of next week. Will also let you see how difficult a job the convertible is going to be!!

Car
    Quote Originally Posted by weefossy View Post
    Thanks Ian, I will give you a call towards the end of next week. Will also let you see how difficult a job the convertible is going to be!!
    Believe me Ive done some horrors in the past. It will be a walk in the park compared to some.

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Quote Originally Posted by ianking View Post
    Believe me Ive done some horrors in the past. It will be a walk in the park compared to some.
    my old s being one of them
    New sig coming soon

Car
    Quote Originally Posted by stoney View Post
    my old s being one of them
    there has actually been worse than that, would you believe.

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by ianking View Post
    there has actually been worse than that, would you believe.
    ...no not really