European Grand Prix

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Early on in my bike racing career() a wise older rider told me to stop looking behind so much as it was the faster guys problem in getting past me not mine to let him past maybe he should have spoken to Webber at the same time
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Car
    F56 Cooper
    The only driver to lose out was DeLarosa who dropped from 8th to 9th I think!
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

The Dogfather
    It was Buemi not DeLarossa

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gordy View Post
    Early on in my bike racing career() a wise older rider told me to stop looking behind so much as it was the faster guys problem in getting past me not mine to let him past maybe he should have spoken to Webber at the same time
    Yup and I still remember to this day, when I went on my 1st ever bike track day at Knockhill a long long time ago we were all told to either tape up or remove our mirrors because you do not need to use them because you just have to ride the path/direction you choose and it is up to the rider coming up behind you to get passed you if and when its possible to do so and not up to you to get out of his way unless its obviously a blue flag you've been given.

euan
    Webber's accident is nasty. I think it's very 50 - 50, he was going too quick, didn't anticipate the braking point for the Lotus, but equally the Lotus was right in the middle of the track when he braked.

Webber has flipped before - no footage of it happening but the aftermath is on YouTube, happened at Le Mans in 99 when he was driving a Merc (the same day that Peter Dumbreck launched his merc into the tress on the same straight).

The Dogfather
    Quote Originally Posted by euan View Post
    Webber's accident is nasty. I think it's very 50 - 50, he was going too quick, didn't anticipate the braking point for the Lotus, but equally the Lotus was right in the middle of the track when he braked.
    The lotus can be anywhere it wants when it brakes, it's up to the car behind to avoid it. The cars were racing for position, some people have suggested that HK should have just let him past but every car has a right and duty to race for every position.

Weber was totally at fault IMO

coopert21ceb
    Why was Heikki defending for a position he clearly was not going to keep. He braked way too early for the corner and Webber should have noticed but was taken by surprise. Both drivers at fault there. HK for not pulling over, and Webber for not moving round him. Lucky guy though!

Delboy
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dogfather View Post
    The lotus can be anywhere it wants when it brakes, it's up to the car behind to avoid it. The cars were racing for position, some people have suggested that HK should have just let him past but every car has a right and duty to race for every position.

Weber was totally at fault IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by coopert21ceb View Post
    Why was Heikki defending for a position he clearly was not going to keep. He braked way too early for the corner and Webber should have noticed but was taken by surprise. Both drivers at fault there. HK for not pulling over, and Webber for not moving round him. Lucky guy though!
    I think if there were two insurance companies trying to settle this accident they'd probably go "knock for knock".

The Dogfather
    Quote Originally Posted by coopert21ceb View Post
    HK was in a slower car and probably braked at the right moment for his car, Weber probably didn't factor this in as he was trying to get a tow and left it till he needed to brake hence the crash.

Its highly likely that HK could have held the Red Bull at bay for quite a few corners thus securing some valuable TV time for his sponsors.