mini2

kayjay
    Has anyone been on that site recently? I've not been on in a while but what the hell happened? It's completely ruined. Looks like they sold the site to someone else? Such as shame too because there were a lot of good folk on there and it looks like they've all left. I feel like I'm 4 years behind everyone else so forgive me if this has been discussed. I did a search on the forums but didn't find anything.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Mini2 was sold out to a large corporation, this did not go down well with many of the diehards and they left to form Total Mini.
    It was chaos for a while with many tit for tat posts, bans etc while the members tried without success to maintain the Mini2 way.

I've personally not logged in for ages, been too busy and not as a result of the change

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    I hardly ever went on it anyway as it was huuuuuuuuuuuuge and I felt I could never keep up with all the stuff that was getting posted
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

The Dogfather
    KJ, I'd do a virus scan on your PC if I were you, they recently had a problem with the site being infected with a trojan.

Test Passed
    Car
    Chili Red Cooper D
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dogfather View Post
    KJ, I'd do a virus scan on your PC if I were you, they recently had a problem with the site being infected with a trojan.
    It's a bit of a nasty trojan - my netbook got infected by it last week and i spent 3 days on and off trying to clear it up. Still not sure if it's all gone! it went straight through my anti virus which is regularly updated - it sneaked through as a java update then went everywhere. Not been back to mini2 since.

Vicki

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dogfather View Post
    Glad i've not been there for a while then

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gismo Man View Post
    Glad i've not been there for a while then
    Me too. And makes mental note to tell Lenore to stay away.

Must have been embedded in one of their many, many, many ads that run on the site these days. What a complete mess that site is these days.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

I still visit now and again, had no problems.
    Cooper Coupe...

kayjay
    It's a shame too. I've not been on it for a while, hopefully my mac isn't infected. Noticed nothing untoward.