Arbroath Smokies Slide Show

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    quote:Originally posted by 3GGG

Arbroath Smokies Slides - warning 5MB file!
    Those with broadband might enjoy this.
    Fantastic day - well done Shoppie:)
    Whoooooosh!!!

That's what the 1 Gig cnnection at work is *REALLY* for!!!!!!
    Downlaoded in about 5 secs!

DNV122
    Superb shots - glad to see there was some blue sky for a backdrop

How did RUss cope with the wet when doing his demo ?

3GGG
    quote:Originally posted by DNV122

Superb shots - glad to see there was some blue sky for a backdrop

How did RUss cope with the wet when doing his demo ?
    The first show by Russ was in the dry (at the start) and resulted in lots of tyre smoke and I got nearly blinded by bits of rubber in the eye. :blackeye:
    Then the heavens opened and he called a halt before the 2 wheel trick, more for the sake of the spectators than for himself probably. It must have been tricky for him with the conditions changing so quickly.

The afternoon show had a wet surface and was quite different, just a bit of steam off the tyres this time. Gave us all a few anxious moments as he locked up all wheels while heading straight for the barrier at the end, but he had it all under control...

What really amazed and impressed me was the way he came in at the start and without as much as a trial wheel spin, went straight into his routine with the high speed reverse J turn between the parked MINIs

X30YES
    WOW !! just watched the slide show ...fantastic/superb/brill to name but a few ....very well done .now if only I could do that with my pictures on webshots ....Iphoto ?
    Angus

Monsta Mo Mini
    Better buy yourself an Apple Mac Angus

X30YES
    Should that not be CalMac !!,or is that a shipping company ...oh well
    I knew it would be costly ...most good things are !!!.

A

3GGG
    quote:Originally posted by X30YES

Should that not be CalMac !!,or is that a shipping company ...oh well
    I knew it would be costly ...most good things are !!!.

A
    Yes Angus, the iLife suite of programs that comes (free) with a new Mac is excellent.

You probably know iTunes the music jukebox software which is also available for Windows and the iPod, then there is iPhoto which handles still photos, makes and plays slideshows (complete with tracks from your iTunes) and can also produce very quick webpages on your .Mac webpages, all superbly integrated.
    If you have a digital camcorder there is iMovie and iDVD and finally for musicians there is GarageBand - a complete recording studio.
    But as people keep telling me, the reason they didn't buy a Mac was because they heard there is no software available for the Mac.

Sponsor
    I can vouch for iMac's being brilliant!!
    I can also say that iMovie and iDVD are fantastic (all our holiday movies are now on DVD's, professionally done with menus and music and everything!)
    And once I get a digital camera, the photos will go the same way!

(Still takes me HOURS though, does it get quicker with practice? :) )

3GGG
    Well I find iPhoto very quick to use, to produce that slideshow I only had to plug my camera in and it automatically imported the photos into iPhoto, I then cropped and enhanced where needed, I selected the shots I wanted, and chose a backing track for the slideshow and that was it. Like anything you can spend hours tweaking everything to your hearts desire if you want.
    As you have probably found, editing a movie although easy enough in a program like iMovie, does take time and makes you appreciate just how much work goes into TV news reports etc. I guess if you did this everyday for a living it would become second nature.
    As regards music making, well I have no musical talent at all, can't play an instrument, yet managed somehow to get something that slightly resembled a tune out of GarageBand at my first attempt - unfortunately in my case practise had not made perfect and I have not progressed at all.

Car
    R56 Factory JCW
    iHate them!

From Factory JCW to Audi TT Quattro - Might be back one day!