Flags for ariels ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    R7 ETH
    I saw a good few of you at Arbroath with Scotland Flags even RNLI (weefozzy) flags. I would like a scotland flag for my next meet. Where abouts did you lot get them ??

Car
    R56 MCS
    You can get them in hellfrauds and most service stations. Plenty of places on the net too.

Wul
    or go to any touristy type shop and buy a flag on a wooden stick for about a £1 and remove the stick - hey presto!

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    I think Gareth means the littler ones, not the material type, the :I harder version 8)

mgemie
    I've got a few saltire flags for my bee-sting aerial which I bought online. I went for fabric flags since they were better quality than other, cheaper versions. One thing I found though - if you keep the flag on the aerial for any long length of time the fabric starts to fray... I solved this with stitching/reinforcing the edges of my fabric flags and it now stays perfect while driving at high speeds

Try www.worldsouvenirs.co.uk for fabric 9"x6" saltire flags which are perfect for aerials...and not too expensive either!

Sponsor
    quote:Originally posted by Wul

or go to any touristy type shop and buy a flag on a wooden stick for about a £1 and remove the stick - hey presto!
    Thats what I did - some service station somewhere - then a little insulating tape to hold it in place.

It's fabric, and it frays a little, but it's hemmed, so this isn't too hard to repair after a run.

Happy shopping!

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    I got my foam ones in halfords. They had both the saltire and the lion rampant. The good thing about either of these is they are less likely to be vandalized or nicked by kids. I believe the minnie mouse ones disappear quick.

Dear Lord, If you wont make me skinny, please make my friends fat-very Fat.

Sponsor
    I only put my flag on for runs.
    The rest of the time it lives on it's own stick, hanging in the back window from the rear seatbelt 'hole' !

I wouldn't dare leave anything on the car, the wee neds would break the ariel getting it off....

R7 ETH
    Cheers guys i just ordered one from www.worldsouvenirs.co.uk a whole £2.03 and thats delivered.

Maxxed Ross
    We got one of the 'on a wooden stick' ones a while back, then forgot to put it on for the run. doh!