vibration

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I could feel vibration through my steering (only when the motor was at a stand still) when my aircon was on in my cooper when the cooling fan came on which it done all the time when I has the aircon button pressed, not now though that I have the auto aircon in my new car.LOL

Could it be the cooling fan causing the vibration
    Cooper Coupe...

cookie9561
    ye scottie i think it is cooling fan but mecahnic at a loss how to stop i think,after 10 mins or so it does get uncomfy on your hands,when you come out of car you feel pins and needles in fingers

cookie9561
    just back from bmw dealer today,they say vibration starts as soon as the pusher fan kicks in,needs new fan,also air con seals gone which is causing leak,does anyone know what this pusher fan is please

cookie9561
    have to say guys this forum not the quickest at replying to questions compared to some others ?

Resident old yin.
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie9561 View Post
    have to say guys this forum not the quickest at replying to questions compared to some others ?
    Sorry about that!

Perhaps the members here don't post a reply unless they can add anything that is helpful.

Or, maybe it is a smaller community?

could it be that the pusher fan is the fan at your radiator or the fan that pushes the air in to your cabin, that's the only two fans that I know on a mini but there could be more. pusher is just the term the dealer has used as most fans push air.
    Cooper Coupe...

cookie9561
    makes sense what ur saying,many thanks for reply scottie

cookie9561
    thanks kenl,maybe ur right, just seems to take an age for a response,had vw before and forums there a lot more how can i say responsive lol

Wheelspin Kid
    Car
    mini cooper red/white
    I would reply if I could help but I've not got a clue about car faults

Hope you get it fixed soon not a very good start with your mini but hopefully your warranty will cover the repairs

Good Luck with this and let us know how you get on

cookie9561
    many thanks audrey,have to say it was same people who replied before for which lm very grateful,thanks again