At last!

Delboy
    After following F1 for many years I'm finally going to a race - yeeha! Just booked up to go to the British Grand Prix for both the qualifying and race days . Nothing fancy mind, only general admission on both days but I don't care - cannot wait .

GCA3N
    Excellent, when is that del, should be a cracker, is valerie going too?

Delboy
    10th/11th July and yes, Valerie is going too. A weekend away without the kids .

Fairy
    You'll love it Del, its an absolutley brilliant weekend, a very expensive one if you buy merchandise (which you've gotta do!) and the fast food is quite pricey but hey...its the British GP - who cares about price?! Your at one of the best sporting events of the year!

BTW Dont forget to charge those camera batteries and it also helps if you've worked out how to master the continuous shooting mode before the race starts! Oh and make sure you catch the Red Arrows display pre-race - its awesome! Oh and also remember not to forget those ear defenders (you can buy ones there with radio included so you can listen to the commentry whilst those luggys are protected! BONUS!)
    Last bit of advise...get there super early on race day for a good spot around the circuit and dont forget the poncho just in case!!

Delboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
    You'll love it Del, its an absolutley brilliant weekend, a very expensive one if you buy merchandise (which you've gotta do!) and the fast food is quite pricey but hey...its the British GP - who cares about price?! Your at one of the best sporting events of the year!

BTW Dont forget to charge those camera batteries and it also helps if you've worked out how to master the continuous shooting mode before the race starts! Oh and make sure you catch the Red Arrows display pre-race - its awesome! Oh and also remember not to forget those ear defenders (you can buy ones there with radio included so you can listen to the commentry whilst those luggys are protected! BONUS!)
    Last bit of advise...get there super early on race day for a good spot around the circuit and dont forget the poncho just in case!!
    Thanks for the advice . I am expecting an expensive weekend between food, drink and F1 merchandise! The camera will be going too and thanks for the tip on reading up on continuous shooting mode . Since I'm there on the Saturday for qualifying, I'll be able to figure out where I want to go on race day - at least that's the plan .

Re the ear defenders, am I better getting them before I go or just wait until I'm there?

Cheers,
    Del

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy View Post

Re the ear defenders, am I better getting them before I go or just wait until I'm there?

Cheers,
    Del
    Your employer could supply PPE free
    Ear plugs should suffice.
    Mmmmm I will send you a pm
    Stephen & Allyson

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
    After following F1 for many years I'm finally going to a race - yeeha! Just booked up to go to the British Grand Prix for both the qualifying and race days . Nothing fancy mind, only general admission on both days but I don't care - cannot wait .
    We are also going to this event

Maybe we can meet for a drink at some point
    Stephen & Allyson

Delboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Mini Ecosse View Post
    We are also going to this event

Maybe we can meet for a drink at some point
    That would be great . I'll PM you back re the PPE .

Arghhhh you jammy buggers, I dream of attending an F1 race one day...

I hope you guys have a great time