Airbag light

cooperchris
    The airbag light on my dash has been on ever since i unplugged the seat plug and put my new seats in.

What i want to know is, is there a way you can switch the airbag light off(not taking bulb out) so that the airbags work again, An without putting the original setas back in the car

cheers guys

Car
    Mini R53 2005
    it MIGHT need coded, just to let the car know there is not an airbag system there.

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    Are you saying you have put in seats that dont have airbags?

If so then you need to fit a small fuse to the harness to fool the car that there is an airbag there. I can't remember what size fuse you need but if you have a look on www.mini2.com you will find the answer and because you have already had the ignition on and activated the light it will need re-set, this can be done by most garages.

Car
    Mini R53 2005
    Good point John, i totally forgot about the resistor.

cooperchris
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Are you saying you have put in seats that dont have airbags?

If so then you need to fit a small fuse to the harness to fool the car that there is an airbag there. I can't remember what size fuse you need but if you have a look on www.mini2.com you will find the answer and because you have already had the ignition on and activated the light it will need re-set, this can be done by most garages.

I have put a set of Sparco seats in So no airbags.

Had a little look on mini2 but couldn't find what i was looking for. So where about would you fit the fuse to make the car think theres an airbag( prob a silly Q).

Thanx again for all the help

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    Quote Originally Posted by cooperchris View Post
    I have put a set of Sparco seats in So no airbags.

Had a little look on mini2 but couldn't find what i was looking for. So where about would you fit the fuse to make the car think theres an airbag( prob a silly Q).

Thanx again for all the help
    It goes onto the plug where the seat used to be pluged into

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    You need a 3.9 ohms resistor, BUT!!!!!!!!

Given that the light is already on and need programing anyway, I would just forget about the resistor and get the car programed to say it has no seat airbags, sadly this means going to your MINI dealer and will cost money.

cooperchris
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    You need a 3.9 ohms resistor, BUT!!!!!!!!

Given that the light is already on and need programing anyway, I would just forget about the resistor and get the car programed to say it has no seat airbags, sadly this means going to your MINI dealer and will cost money.
    thanx for all the help, once its on the road al pop down an speak to a friend at BMW.

thanx again