The Daily Commute - Car or Bus?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Kren__
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
    To hell with the bus - MINI all the way!!
    I drive a round trip of 70 miles a day to/from work and although the miles on the MINI are creeping their way up at an alarming pace, I dont think life would be worth living if I couldn't drive my MINI every day! just my opinion
    I thought I had a chunky commute...

I like your attitude - reminds me of why I bought the MINI in the first place. My RX-8 was too expensive for the daily commute so I got the MINI for some frugal fun on the way to work.

I think I'm being swayed...

Kren__
    On a (slightly) related note. Do people who ride the bus have their own forums? Do you think they meet up for 'runs' along their favourite bus routes? Maybe they mod themselves to stand out from other bus riders. Do they argue over to mod or not to mod? Do they have a life?

Should I start thinking about something that actually matters and get on with some work? Probably...

Car
    '55 plate Cooper S Checkmate
    Bus deffos for me!!

NAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!! Public Transport=Boak

...you must just be bored..cos I know you already knew the answer to this question before you even wrote it!

Mmmmm reserved parking places for management types.

May be worth pointing out that reserved parking places are taxable, at least they used to be.

Might be a turnaround in thinking if their are tax implications
    Stephen & Allyson

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    I've got the bus to work for the past 2years now and I hate it. They are always packed, you end up sitting next to some fat sweaty bloke.
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

GCA3N
    Well I don't ahve a daily commute as I work offshore, but my company pay for a rail ticket for me at £70. Even with this I choose to drive the 400 mile round trip as I hate with a passion public transport. So I guess if it were me no chance would I take the bus car / mini all the way.

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    Can't understand how anyone in Aberdeen - that's if you work in Aberdeen - can manage with public transport. Its pretty damned dire and tbh I'd rather walk than do the bus. Mind you one of my colleagues swears by it because on one particular route she can lug into all the gossip that some would rather she didn't know. When she encounters some of her former clients she's been invited to join them for a dram, or a swig - only if the driver's nae looking of course. She reckons the entertainment value compensates for the inferior and expensive service.

Dear Lord, If you wont make me skinny, please make my friends fat-very Fat.

Ally S
    Quote Originally Posted by Kren__ View Post
    On a (slightly) related note. Do people who ride the bus have their own forums? Do you think they meet up for 'runs' along their favourite bus routes? Maybe they mod themselves to stand out from other bus riders. Do they argue over to mod or not to mod? Do they have a life?

Should I start thinking about something that actually matters and get on with some work? Probably...
    lol - you never know.

is it just the one bus you would need to get? If I worked in the centre of Glasgow i'd get the bus.. no wait, I'd get the train and maybe drive every so often. Like i did when at Uni.

But where I work its 2 buses and takes ages. I'd say give the bus a go and make your mind up that way. If you hate it then at least you know you've tried it and will be sure of your decision.

LightningStevie
    Personally I do neither. I walk to work with the dog as its only a 1/4 of a mile away!

Wheelspin Kid
    Car
    mini cooper red/white
    Quote Originally Posted by LightningStevie View Post
    Personally I do neither. I walk to work with the dog as its only a 1/4 of a mile away!
    Do you take your dog to work?