The Daily Commute - Car or Bus?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    LightningStevie
    yeah, he sleeps in his basket all day :)

Car
    MINI Countryman
    Quote Originally Posted by MINI William View Post
    I've got the bus to work for the past 2years now and I hate it. They are always packed, you end up sitting next to some fat sweaty bloke.
    True.....why is it that when the bus is almost full (and only 1 seat left next to you), the fat sweaty man decides to get on.....and not the hot bimbo??

Kren__
    Quote Originally Posted by Fartin Martin View Post
    Bus deffos for me!!

NAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!! Public Transport=Boak

...you must just be bored..cos I know you already knew the answer to this question before you even wrote it!
    I think I'm rumbled!

Kren__
    Quote Originally Posted by Ally S View Post
    lol - you never know.

is it just the one bus you would need to get? If I worked in the centre of Glasgow i'd get the bus.. no wait, I'd get the train and maybe drive every so often. Like i did when at Uni.

But where I work its 2 buses and takes ages. I'd say give the bus a go and make your mind up that way. If you hate it then at least you know you've tried it and will be sure of your decision.
    It's just the one bus - but it will take me a good 1/2 an hour each way longer going 'door to door'.

Also, an annual bus pass will cost me £1130!!

But you are right, until I try it I'll never be able to make an informed decision.

LightningStevie
    Quote Originally Posted by Kren__ View Post
    Also, an annual bus pass will cost me £1130!!
    But think of the savings in fuel, mileage and servicing you will have to cover that cost. Does seem an awful lot. In Edinburgh, a monthly bus pass is around 30 quid. But then, I can imagine the buses will be more expensive where you are due to the distances

I wish I could take my car to work- I live above it! My Mini sits in the garage going nowhere now, really miss my driving

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
    To hell with the bus - MINI all the way!!
    I drive a round trip of 70 miles a day to/from work and although the miles on the MINI are creeping their way up at an alarming pace, I dont think life would be worth living if I couldn't drive my MINI every day! just my opinion
    I'm the same as you, if I don't drive my Mini at least once a day, I get upset! Its definitely the Mini as I could go without driving my Fiesta for days and not care! I walk to one of my jobs, and take the car to Uni and other jobs, as you know, the transport in Aberdeen is awful. If you try and get a bus from my flat, to Uni, I kid you not, 3 will drive by and not stop as they are full before one stops to let you on, and stand facing the sweatiest person you've ever seen for 8:30am!!
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.