Silverstone Challenge Day

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Wannabe F1 test pilot Neil and Lorna's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by N16SHP View Post
    How big was the track that you got to use, I take it it wasn't the full international circuit?
    We got the old Grand prix circuit for all cars except the single seaters which we used the new Stowe circuit, its just a small track alongside the Hangar straight area.
    Don't think they wanted us to get out of sight in the single seaters.
    The new Grand Prix circuit hadn't been driven on yet so wasn't available. Maybe next year.

Loads of construction going on all around the track gonna be impressive when all finished.

Neil.
    Neil Lorna

MINI Countryman Cooper S All 4

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Awsome! I think for what you got, its was money well spent. I did my track day at Teeside Autrodrome, and the track was pretty small, no more than a minute a lap. To drive all cars (911, M3, Exige, Gallardo, 430, V8 Vantage and Impreza) was about £450, which compared to the caliber of cars, variety and time you got is pretty expensive to me!
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

The one BIG thing thats always put me off these things apart from the obviuos price issues is the fact that you only get one or maybe two laps in each car etc so you are not in the cars for very long, so the only other way to try and beat that and get bit more time in them is to try and find a circuit with a bigger/longer lap, but that aint easy, so feels like a no win/no win situation...

Delboy
    That looks like it was an awesome day Neil with some fantastic cars - very jealous .

I did the Palmersport day at the Bedford Autodrome a few years back and it is still the best fun I've ever had driving a car - words can't explain how good it was and I'm sure you feel the same way about your day at Silverstone. I got to drive a Caterham 7, Porsche 911, single seater, Jaguar JP1, Clio Cup race car and Nissen 350Z - spun both the 911 and JP1 off the circuit and did a 360 in the 350Z (complete with smoking rear tyres ). Thankfully, it was a corporate invitation so I didn't have to pay a penny .

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
    Thankfully, it was a corporate invitation so I didn't have to pay a penny .
    That would be before your wonderful current employer
    Stephen & Allyson

GCA3N
    That looks like it was an awesome day Neil with some fantastic cars - very jealous .

I did the Palmersport day at the Bedford Autodrome a few years back and it is still the best fun I've ever had driving a car - words can't explain how good it was and I'm sure you feel the same way about your day at Silverstone. I got to drive a Caterham 7, Porsche 911, single seater, Jaguar JP1, Clio Cup race car and Nissen 350Z - spun both the 911 and JP1 off the circuit and did a 360 in the 350Z (complete with smoking rear tyres ). Thankfully, it was a corporate invitation so I didn't have to pay a penny .
    Just the normal days driving Del

Delboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Mini Ecosse View Post
    That would be before your wonderful current employer
    Actually no! The coal business can throw up the odd nice jolly . A trip to Amsterdam coming up in October for 3 nights to attend a conference

Quote Originally Posted by GCA3N View Post
    Just the normal days driving Del
    I've never smoked my rear tyres in the Mini

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    spun both the 911 and JP1 off the circuit and did a 360 in the 350Z (complete with smoking rear tyres )
    You don't admit to these things on here ya dafty, tell em you 'drove em all like you stole em' kinda thing & won every feckin race

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination