Keeping fit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    cooperchris
    Well now the summer is here a thought it was about time to start getting fit so i treated my self to a new toy. I just couldn't turn down the good deal i was getting so had to buy it.

Went out for a 20 mile run today an now im nearly dead haha.A hope its going to get a bit easier through time.

Here's a couple of pics to let you have a wee look.

Just have to keep it clean now

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    That seat does ot look comfortable

cooperchris
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gismo Man View Post
    That seat does ot look comfortable
    It is pretty hard but if you got padded shorts its not to bad, al get used to it.

Wheelspin Kid
    Car
    mini cooper red/white
    Quote Originally Posted by cooperchris View Post
    Well now the summer is here a thought it was about time to start getting fit so i treated my self to a new toy. I just couldn't turn down the good deal i was getting so had to buy it.

Went out for a 20 mile run today an now im nearly dead haha.A hope its going to get a bit easier through time.

Here's a couple of pics to let you have a wee look.

Just have to keep it clean now
    Cool bike a 20 mile run I would have been dead

euan
    Looks cracking, I've done 40 miles on my roadie this week and am really feeling it in the legs!

I'd definitely look into going clipless though if you are going to a lot of miles - it's much easier and doesn't need to cost a lot - I got fairly basic Shimano pedals for 20 quid and a pair of Mavic shoes for 60, but it really does make a massive difference.

I've just ordered some new bib shorts, should help with the longer rides I'm planning this summer!

cooperchris
    Quote Originally Posted by euan View Post
    Looks cracking, I've done 40 miles on my roadie this week and am really feeling it in the legs!

I'd definitely look into going clipless though if you are going to a lot of miles - it's much easier and doesn't need to cost a lot - I got fairly basic Shimano pedals for 20 quid and a pair of Mavic shoes for 60, but it really does make a massive difference.

I've just ordered some new bib shorts, should help with the longer rides I'm planning this summer!
    Yep thats defo the next thing for me, Was looking at pedals an shoes last night.Av takin the clips off aready an feels much better.

Just back from doin another 10miles today an ma legs are feelin it now. No pain no gain

euan
    Make sure the soles are stiff enough, it makes a huge difference to the efficiency on the bike. You won't wear them out in a hurry unless you're doing massive miles so it's worth spending a little bit more to get the stiffer sole. You'll also feel the benefit of a better shoe than an expensive pedal.

I fitted these pedals, bottom of the range Shimano but they work a treat - they are as good as the 105 but just heavier and I'm currently of the thinking that it's going to be more easier for me to lose the weight of the pedals than to keep shaving grams on kit, and a lot cheaper ;-) LINK

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    You should try 20miles on MTB tyres....I sound like a Landrover coming down the road and its hard work I can tell you..!!
    I fitted clipless pedals a couple of months ago and I've never fallen off so much in my life....I keep forgetting to twist my foot to release my shoe and usually end up on my ear Fortunatelly it all been low speed crashes so far and I am slowly getting used to them
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

euan
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Gordy View Post
    You should try 20miles on MTB tyres....
    Did it once on the road, vowed never to do it again! I've done it off road on a fair few occasions, used to love going over the Tyrebagger and over round Loch Muick, which is a murderous route!

Forbes
    Quote Originally Posted by euan View Post
    Did it once on the road, vowed never to do it again! I've done it off road on a fair few occasions, used to love going over the Tyrebagger and over round Loch Muick, which is a murderous route!
    I don't enjoy doing that in a car. How many miles is that? 40?