air con

cookie9561
    air con not working and has been in for a regas to my local dealer,regas didnt solve problem,back in again for diagnostic test,they told me compressor broke,900 quid for whole job in total,3 year old and the compressor done,these cars not cheap,would have expected better from bmw

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    You're right, you really should expect a longer lifespan from such an expensive component.

However, I guess anything can give up the ghost prematurely. :(

I'm guessing you're out of warranty, so I'd get yourself to a non franchise garage, get the part yourself from David JC Parts and have them fit it. Save yourself mucho £'s!! We just did that with our brakes on our R56. A £690 bill from the dealer ended up costing £400.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

cookie9561
    luckily i have a warranty which should cover it,waiting for word back

mikeythemini
    You can get non genuine parts - 1st or 2nd gen?

cookie9561
    bmw have told me honda care which warranty is through will cover the costs thankfully

cookie9561
    after warranty company paying over 900 quid bmw phones me today at 4 .30 to tell me air con still not sorted,compressor changed but still no cold air,girl said sumit about because no gas in system they think seals and things gone cos gas has lubricants ??