front bumper lip

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Car
    R53 Cooper S jcw
    has anyone had problems with the lip under the front bumper? it seemes to scrape on everything lol. mine has actualy burst and left the bumper wobbly (sild into pavement during the winter). should i just cut it off??

bryan

Car
    '55 plate Cooper S Checkmate
    mines scrapes too!..i've heard of folk cutting it off to stop this!

My car is on the standard MCS suspension but with smaller 15" wheels and 195/50 tyres which have lowered the car slightly, it hits every sleeping policeman unless I crawl over them and if I were to go anywhere near a curb, I'd probably take the whole front bumber off! To be honest, as much as a pain that it is, at least it warns you prior to damaging something else.

I was speaking to someone about this the other day and it is apparently there to protect the bottom of the gearbox from flying stones.

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    I have the jcw set up on my GP and mine scraps all the time but as said it's a good warning ::
    New sig coming soon

Car
    R53 Cooper S jcw
    when i reversed the car off the kerb it burst the lip and pulled the bumper bursting a couple of clips, the bumper feels like its holding on by the top clips and is a bit wobbly.
    anyone know how many hold it on??
    i was thinking it would be beter to have the lip so if i cant fix the clips i might just replace the bumper
    Last edited by bry_mini; 16th May 2010 at 07:21 PM.

Forbes
    Take the dremel to it. I did that on my S bumper and my GP bumper doesn't scrape either

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Your bumper has 2 torq bolts up by the radiator, 2 bolts holding the upper corners to the plastic wheel arch trim and 3 screws under neath holding the bottom to the front

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by Forbes
    Take the dremel to it. I did that on my S bumper and my GP bumper doesn't scrape either
    I think yours was neccessary though ben being you only have about 20mm now from the deck lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car
    R53 Cooper S jcw
    cheers craig!

i have defo burst the bottom screws and an arch.

2 screws under the bonnet, at the edge of the radiator (easily seen); one in each wheelarch; and three underneath, where the lip is - chances are you've damaged them, so only the top screws are holding the bumper on

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs