Monaco GP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dogfather View Post
    Terrible race, if it wasn't for the history of the place I'd take if off the calendar
    Agreed.......
    Didn't see the race and wouldn't watch it anyway, it's a dull dull circuit where there is no actual racing, just a procession, pole winner usually always wins basically down to the fact no one can pass anywhere
    Scenic wise, tremendous and the sound through the tunnel is awesome

euan
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gismo Man View Post
    Agreed.......
    Didn't see the race and wouldn't watch it anyway, it's a dull dull circuit where there is no actual racing, just a procession, pole winner usually always wins basically down to the fact no one can pass anywhere
    Scenic wise, tremendous and the sound through the tunnel is awesome
    Nowhere is as bad as Valencia. It's Monaco without the history, prestige, view, class, excitement....

Can you tell I don't like it?

baptie
    Shumey getting 20sec penalty, finished 12th

Braun will be fummmmmin!

Top race, must be hard as hell to get it right.
    Really liking the three amigo's at the beginning and end, what a laugh.

Delboy
    Not the best race due to lack of overtaking but the crashes certainly made it entertaining at times . It was also fun watching Alonso pass a few cars early on, and then watching him getting passed by Schumacher at the very end (even although it was illegal!).

Car
    R56 JCW and various race MINI's
    best race was the porsche supercup! they were diving up the inside of each other everywhere!

SO!! F1 jibber jabber strikes again with Schumis move on Alonso... I think that decision was or is down to Damons well known dislike for Schumi after all he was in the Judges box so to speak for the race.

It still amazes me how the rules can be twisted etc etc.

The best things about the race were, firstly Alonso startin from the pits, that was faf and put a big grin on my face!! secondly him being held up behind Alguesari (I think it was him) for a while because he wouldn't let him past, and I say good on him, was'nt going to let Alonso intimidate him and lastly that manoeuvre by Schumi was brilliant, but F1 nonsense strikes again... (one rule for one team and something else for others...)

baptie
    20sec penalty though, thats severe hatered

euan
    I think to be fair to Damon, in the regulations are not quite clear. They state (article 40.13) that if the safety car is out at the end of the GP, it will pull in on the last lap and the cars will proceed over the line under yellows. However, the green flags were showing. So, in this instance, does that mean safety car conditions still applied? Or was it actually pulling in and that was why the Green Flags were showing? Doesn't that mean racing conditions? The rule, without saying it, refers to a full course yellow. The Safety car was coming in because the track was clear, hence the green flag so does Article 40.13 apply? If article 40.13 applies why the green flag? The info screens said 'safety car in this lap' So was it deployed when the overtake happened?

As for the 20 seconds, under the regulations they are very tied now as to what punishment they can dish out, it will have been a grid penalty at the next GP or a stated time penalty at this one. Not like in the old days when they could just make it up...

I'm not saying it's right or wrong btw, much as I like to see Schumi get humped, but if they decided he was guilty of breaking the regs then 20 seconds would be the lesser of the two punishments. I suspect it's one of those where the regs will be cleared up before the next GP.