NMS Modding vs Tradition Contd

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazthemod View Post
    Surely then NMS should be open with it's own members and let us know whats going on? I was shocked to read that on another forum having heard nothing about it here we only have one side of the story... I realise that our side of the story needs to be heard but until it is that's causing our reputation damage. Having been a part of setting up Northern Mini and watching it grow i think we would benefit from being much more transparent with the membership like they are.

If current mods are needing a break then im sure there will be other people willing to take some of the strain. I often feel it's not fair the same people get left to organise runs and maybe they deserve a break. Im personally looking into resurrecting the Manky Thrash as i loved this run.
    It's not for us to be open with you guys as it's not our site, it's for Alan if he wishes.

Also, we don't need a break, we only suggested we would step aside if everyone feels that they would like a new bunch of mods.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Forbes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazthemod View Post
    Im personally looking into resurrecting the Manky Thrash as i loved this run.
    Do it.

I am also considering a more north east run

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by GCA3N View Post
    Excellent Baz make sure i'm at home LOL, i'd love to do that one.
    I've been thinking about getting together with Ben on organising a run up in Aberdeen. Do you have to be a Mod to organise this or can anyone organise it? We've been txtin today about it, and im sure we will get a rough route sorted soon.
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

Car
    '55 plate Cooper S Checkmate
    My wee bit on this..

I have to agree with Barry on this one..and I don't think he was dissing NMS.

I do think that some people's opinions are that if its not what they would do then you shouldn't be doing it and thats it. Unless I really like something that someone has done to their car..I tend not to comment. Would rather not say anything than risk upsetting anyone, although most people do tend to take it on the chin and say 'fair enough '

As for the site itself, I do feel as if its changed somewhat, even though I've only been here about a year or so..can't quite mind how long it is. I used to look forward to coming home and jumping on and spending most of the night browsing away..but it just isn't the same as when I first joined..and I can't quite put my finger on it.

Having said that, I do feel more welcomed here than some other forums, and I think most folk will know where I'm talking about. I've not been looged on there for a few months now..simply cos I can't be bothered with their attitudes to folk, other forums, peoples opinions, everything basically. It's their way and thats it..and if you don't go with that or voice your opinion, then your told to fack off. The points made about this site on there was a prime example of their way of thinking! Just my view on it ofcourse! I know a few members here are also members there, and I'm not including them in this.

I'm desperate to get on run's as I want to meet everyone, but work just doesn't allow this, and taking the time off is pretty much not gonna happen

Moan NMS

Forbes
    Quote Originally Posted by N16SHP View Post
    I've been thinking about getting together with Ben on organising a run up in Aberdeen. Do you have to be a Mod to organise this or can anyone organise it? We've been txtin today about it, and im sure we will get a rough route sorted soon.
    Anyone can. I think the route I suggested might work

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Go for it, anyone can organise a run.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Car
    R56 Factory JCW
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyP & Lenore View Post
    If I'm honest, right now I am facing a massive crisis within my own business and don't have the time I used to have.
    A.
    Sorry Andy, im not pressing for change of mods just the impression i got from the above?

Also im talking about NMS in general not blaming the mods for not being open... as you say its Allan's decision and his site.

I'd just like to see some passion and fresh ideas to make a better site.... just a discussion not an argument :)

From Factory JCW to Audi TT Quattro - Might be back one day!

GCA3N
    Just post a thread and a mod will sticky it for you. Nice one Neil

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by Forbes View Post
    Anyone can. I think the route I suggested might work
    Ok cool, well when we get a spare moment (coursework sucks) we can get together and organise one, and get a rough route out for everyone and see who's interested. We were discussing today about the possibility of starting in Aberdeen and winding down to Perth via different northern towns to try and make it relatively friendly for the central folk, seems petrol is so high at the moment! We'll keep everyone in the loop!
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by Fartin Martin View Post
    My wee bit on this..

I have to agree with Barry on this one..and I don't think he was dissing NMS.

I do think that some people's opinions are that if its not what they would do then you shouldn't be doing it and thats it. Unless I really like something that someone has done to their car..I tend not to comment. Would rather not say anything than risk upsetting anyone, although most people do tend to take it on the chin and say 'fair enough '

As for the site itself, I do feel as if its changed somewhat, even though I've only been here about a year or so..can't quite mind how long it is. I used to look forward to coming home and jumping on and spending most of the night browsing away..but it just isn't the same as when I first joined..and I can't quite put my finger on it.

Having said that, I do feel more welcomed here than some other forums, and I think most folk will know where I'm talking about. I've not been looged on there for a few months now..simply cos I can't be bothered with their attitudes to folk, other forums, peoples opinions, everything basically. It's their way and thats it..and if you don't go with that or voice your opinion, then your told to fack off. The points made about this site on there was a prime example of their way of thinking! Just my view on it ofcourse! I know a few members here are also members there, and I'm not including them in this.

I'm desperate to get on run's as I want to meet everyone, but work just doesn't allow this, and taking the time off is pretty much not gonna happen

Moan NMS
    Yer talking pish man, sling yer hook.....

Joking aside good comments mate