CD Changer Prep in 2003 Gen 1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Doug_m
    I maybe will. I have looked and yes amps in back right panel. Tried taking it out and still can't see anymore wires/plugs

Forbes
    Don't think you can then. Certainly not OEM. Might be worth speaking to Mikey at NewMiniStuff

mikeythemini
    It doesnt matter if you have cd prep or not you can add an ipod
    You can add a gateway 100 t the cd changer port on the back of the stereo & get charging, playlist & track control from the stereo. You will only get titles on 2005 on boost units though

Looking for a bit of info please.

My car (R53) was set up with CD changer prep.

I've bought a changer for it (still to be delivered).

Had a quick squint behind the OS brake panel and I see a small 6-pin plug sort of tied in with the loom, (there may be another when I unravel the loom/tape, but haven't done that yet).

I believe the changer takes two separate plugs ( a 6-pin and a 3-pin).

Does anyone know if the two plugs should come from the same part of the loom, or does one originate from the battery area (3-pin for power?)

Also, how does the unit fix to the body?, any pics of a changer installed would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    You putting the changer back in the boot ?
    Usually the changer plugs directly into the rear of the head unit. I've not heard of it going anywhere else unless that's part of the HK set up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

It's never had the changer but the car was wired for it as an option, and I can see one of the two plugs it needs but not sure where the other is.

I still buy CD's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't remember what the connection looks like, will have a look when I get a chance, but the mounting brackets screw into the boot carpet IIRC, and screw to the changer itself

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    I took the changer out of mine but you're right it mounts on the offside rear in the boot. Can't mind if I took the cable out or just tucked it away to hide it.
    Personally now I wouldn't bother with a changer better with a head unit that'll take USB it'll save the CDs skipping everytime you go over a bump.
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Thanks both, any info/pics would be handy.

I had already paid for it before I seen this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1115732536...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

which I think looks quite good for the money.

Ipod and Denison icelink works great with the OEM headunit. Ipod is hidden in the glovebox, and the MFSW controls it like the CD changer. Track name appears on the headunit too

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs