CD Changer Prep in 2003 Gen 1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Does anyone know if my car is pre-wired for a CD changer please?

Option 650 Single CD Player 59.57
    Option 657 Radio BOOST 114.89
    Option 692 CD Changer Prep 0.00

I know the head unit can control a changer, but is there wiring to the boot already in place? or do I have to run a wiring harness from the head unit to the boot?

thanks guys

John

euan
    Quote Originally Posted by jdl_1967 View Post
    Does anyone know if my car is pre-wired for a CD changer please?

Option 650 Single CD Player 59.57
    Option 657 Radio BOOST 114.89
    Option 692 CD Changer Prep 0.00

I know the head unit can control a changer, but is there wiring to the boot already in place? or do I have to run a wiring harness from the head unit to the boot?

thanks guys

John
    If that's listing from your cars spec, then yes it will be. Open up the rear panel, you should see the cabling (right hand side from memory). Or ring up a dealer with your chassis number, they'll be able to tell you.

Brilliant thanks, just been out with my headtorch on and found two plugs, one 6 pin and one 3 pin, must be it.

thanks again

euan
    The other option you have is not to use a changer but to use an iPod, there are kits that just plug into the changer cables.

I'm also pretty sure there was an Alpine changer that supported MP3 that you could use as well, but others may know better on that front as mine just had the standard changer in it. Bear in mind the changer gets bolted to the floor (in most cases!) so you lose a bit of boot space.

Thanks Euan, I wanted to go with the iPod route originally, but I thought the earlier Alpine units only worked with a AUX line in and I wanted to be able to have some control of the iPod using the head unit or steering wheel controls. Do you know if I can use an iPod and still have that control with my head unit / wheel?

Thanks for your reply

John

josh_r53
    wanting a cd changer like? I dont use mine

josh

How much are you looking for please Josh? Does it play mp3 discs? will it play with the earlier Alpine head unit? Thanks, John

euan
    Quote Originally Posted by jdl_1967 View Post
    Thanks Euan, I wanted to go with the iPod route originally, but I thought the earlier Alpine units only worked with a AUX line in and I wanted to be able to have some control of the iPod using the head unit or steering wheel controls. Do you know if I can use an iPod and still have that control with my head unit / wheel?

Thanks for your reply

John
    Best bet is to ping Mike at Newministuff (site sponsor too), I toyed with the Dension and Intravee on the Mini, ended up doing neither but fitted an Intravee to my BMW, I was really pleased with it. Mike will keep you right though, a few videos of how they work on Youtube.

Doug_m
    Anyone know if my mini with radio boost and harman kardon will have a cd changer plug? I can't see one at all...

Forbes
    Phone David at JCs or just look, though don't think the HK kits usually do as the amp is in the back right panel isn't it