501 Led Side Lights that work

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Finally some led side lights that do not bring up the canbus error tried some in the past in my other R56's but always got the light out error. I reckon these will work dandy in the earlier Minis aswell no flickering or staying (dim) on once the ignition is switched off.

Saw over on TM a thread about led side lights and a member had fitted these so thought I'd give them a try. TBH I had light bulbs in that I got from newministuff and they are actually fine and I had no real reason to change other than wanting to see what these would be like and not to much ££ to loose if they didn't work.

I'm glad that I bothered as I actually think the look is good and much brighter than the previous light bulbs. These look better in the flesh I think. Ordered one day arrived the next 5 mins to fit them tonight, as always with the R56 you got to watch that the bulb dose not come out and fall in to the lamp, you can either take the wheel off for ease of fitment or just turn the wheel if you have a thin arm and long fingers.

a tip should you want to fit these the black light plug has a thick and thin locating lug keep this in mind makes twisting the plug back in to place alot easier.

They are called Mini LED Sidelight 501 T10 W5W HID no canbus errors they are funny looking things.

I bought them from here MAKE SURE YOU SELECT MINI.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mini-LED-Sidel...ht_3846wt_1052

Last edited by Scottie; 23rd April 2010 at 10:13 PM.
    Cooper Coupe...

GCA3N
    excellent off to buy now nice one. oh yeh look the bollocks.

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Nice one!! Might buy a couple.

looking good !

GCA3N
    ordered nice find, look so much better than the standard.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Damnit, thats what I was really wanting. Got some from NMStuff which are ok, but didn't notice too much change :-(
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

Car
    R56 Factory JCW
    Also ordered a pair of these

From Factory JCW to Audi TT Quattro - Might be back one day!

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Hurmf, i'm so temped by these but feel it would be money wasted to Mikey. Can the sidelights be used anywhere else in the car?

Delboy
    Ordered . Just hope I can get them fitted without taking the front wheels off!

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Quote Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
    Course you can Del, no probs

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
    When I fitted my Osram ones the other day, if you turn the wheel in on the side that you are fitting (not out as I tried first and thought man this is tough, until I realised I'd turned the the wrong way...yes daft I know!) you can reach in and twist to the left and pull out. Once you know what you are doing it is literally a 2 minute job each side. Just be careful when you are putting the lights back in as they don't sit very securely and you don't wanna drop the light into the glass.