SHOWROOM CONVERTIBLE PHOTOS

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Took a trip to the local MINI dealership this morning in the pouring rain with a digital camera to get some photos for people to have a closer look at:

www.fotki.com/nysavant/convertible

Also have the official brochure and price list so if anyone wants more info on options, etc then just ask.

Thanks to Fairbairns MINI Glasgow for the use of their showroom :).

seany
    went to my dealer today aswell, dont like the convertible.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    For some reason that site violates my employer's rules on internet access :(

3GGG
    Thanks for the excellent photos. The only car i like the look of is the blue one, the softtop blends in better with that particular colour, the others make it look too much like a pram with the hood up.

Sponsor
    We were at Henry Bros this morning too. Good weather to launch a convertible !!

Thought the cars were nice, but still prefer a MINI with a roof......

Got some good ideas for the next one though !!

Went to Dunedin this morning and spent a lot of money, so i'm back in the "dark room". We didn't like the blue or purple when we saw it, so agreed with Sioban, the ultimate compromise........all black S convertible with body kit and beige leather. 4 spots and all the other goodies. Sorry, Julz couldn't get red interior and Santa will have to bring the works kit!!
    While I'm on, Neil is fitting his ice, can anyone suggest the best way to run a power cable (positive) from the battery to the boot??

Mini Cruiser
    what was bmw thinking when they made the inside door handle so much bigger? u can get anything in the pocket!

seany
    the front lights are better, but i dont now if it would be better in the dark.

First thoughts after having a good look round the convertible:
    - Like it better than I thought I would but still prefer the hard top.
    - Dash looks smoother now that the passenger airbag has been moved up a bit.
    - Front bumper looks better with new chrome bits round foglights, but with non xenon headlamps the lights look a bit unfinished.
    - Back bumper with thin chrome strip looks good, think the lights are better as well, more expensive looking.
    - Chrome interior, hmmm maybe a bit too bling bling.
    - New interior coin holder and pocket in front of lighter socket very good. So is the larger rear cup holder.
    - Cool blue is a very nice addition to the colour line up (BLUEMINI ??) but not so keen on hot orange.
    - Same colour interior as body colour looks a bit garish, but only saw that on hot orange.
    - New alloy wheel designs are pretty decent.
    - Roof feels solid when up, but when its down the gaps at the rear three quarters points look a bit big.
    - Rear window is more like looking through a letterbox its so small.

No matter what everyone thinks the convertible is sure to be a good seller for MINI. Dont think I would buy one myself, but then again I dont really fancy the idea of a convertible in the first place. What it does for all us hard top fans is give a peek at what we can expect to see soon across the entire range, and on the whole things seem to be looking good :).

quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

For some reason that site violates my employer's rules on internet access :(
    Think that might be due to the 'adult' nature of some albums on it (not mine though :I).