Car broken down :(

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Delboy
    Total bummer mate . Hope they find the fault quickly. You probably don't want to hear about the time my car was in the garage for most of July last year cause they couldn't figure out why my engine warning light was on......

LightningStevie
    So my other half picked the car up today. they said they can see it has been misfiring, but it is working fine. Is it heck!

Just driven it, and the MINI first courtesy car was quicker than it. At idle, it was like sitting in a diesel with the vibration through clutch pedal and cabin. I'm going to drop my other half off at work tomorrow morning at 7.30, and take it straight to MINI. I'm not a happy bunny. Car has only done 20k

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
    Total bummer mate . Hope they find the fault quickly. You probably don't want to hear about the time my car was in the garage for most of July last year cause they couldn't figure out why my engine warning light was on......
    Who was it in with?

Jeez that's not good was it an original peter vardy car can you ask for a service/warranty history on the car see if it's had any faults prior. Hope it gets fixed soon.
    Cooper Coupe...

LightningStevie
    No, it was originally from Irvine, think it might be Fairburns? Could be wrong, can't remember exactly. Just want it sorted out!

Delboy
    Who was it in with?
    It was in DP in Hillington but they were very good - even the BMW technical team didn't know what the fault was so it was a process of elimination.

Hope you get your car fixed soon.

LightningStevie
    ah cool, glad they were good then.

I'm not long home from a trip to Mini. Got there at 8.30, was told there were no courtesy cars available. Said in a polite but firm manner, that the car should never have left the garage, I need a car this weekend, and that they need to sort something out. After an hours wait, I have a One Graphite ready and waiting!

fingers crossed they fix it this time around

LightningStevie
    Just had a call from Peter vardy, they acknowledge there is a problem and the car is juddering/misfiring, despite the car not showing any faults. They are waiting to hear back from MINI tech support, so will have to wait and see.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Hope it gets fixed mate, but better news being they acknowledge there is a problem.
    At the very least they did not get back to you saying we cant find anything wrong, and as a few on here would tell you even getting a call is a result.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

LightningStevie
    I am glad they did find what I was experience, means, at least, I'm not making it up or going mad lol As for phone call, was rather pleased to be honest. After years of having to chase the local smart/merc dealer, its nice to be kept informed. Its not a big thing, but something, as a customer, that helps the whole experience

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Had a brand new Honda Accord a few years back and the Seat belt would not release to let me put it on I found on a hill. Totally strange. Went in and the guy said being on a hill would do nothing, went out and of course it worked fine on the flat.

A few days later did it again, to the point I had to drive without it on for a few minutes till the car had moved. Went in a kicked up hell and the other guy took the car round to the work shop that’s under the show room and parked it on a hill. He came back in and said that’s a new one on him, but it was not releasing when the car was parked facing up the hill.

God knows they replaced some seat belt part but I thought feck no one is going to believe that it was doing it.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!