My car go keyed :(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Right so my car got keyed down the length of the drivers side, so the scratch is across 4 panels.
    Went to see a local guy today and said he could touch it up but it wouldn't be perfect or he could spray the whole side but it would be 400 quid.
    Now I can't really afford 400 quid and I also don't want it touched up so much so that you can still see evidence of the scratch.
    Therefore not sure what to do? I guess I could claim my insurance but would lose 7 years no claims. I'm gonna get a few more quotes and see what I can get, only I'm not sure where to go. Anyone got any recommendations of places in and around the greater Glasgow area if possible? Many thanks guys.

The Dogfather
    £400 does seem a little high, we had a door replaced and the whole side of the car resprayed on the TT, it cost just £650

Anyone used these mobile paint repair companies?
    Thinking they might be cheaper than putting it into a body shop?

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Sorry to read that. Where in Glasgow was it done?
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Quote Originally Posted by ace_dude View Post
    Anyone used these mobile paint repair companies?
    Thinking they might be cheaper than putting it into a body shop?
    yeah I have but from what you describe, I would use a bodyshop. Car N Bike in Bonnybridge are great 01324 812131. I have used him for many years and also lots of my friends. Does great work and doesn't charge like a wounded Rhino. Ask for Colin and tell him Big Craig sent you

Car
    R53 Cooper S jcw
    i second car and bike!!! great work and very reasonable!

Cheers guys I will check it out.

So I went out to Car n Bike this morning although maybe it should be renamed to Car, Bike n Helicopter as Colin told me he was currently working on some helicopter panels.
    So anyway he quoted me 450 to respray the drivers side and part of the bonnet.

Totally gutted a the thought of shelling out this cash, I could kill the wee bastards that did this.
    Still thinking of giving my insurance a phone and do it through them despite the increased premiums, if only I had protected no claims.

Delboy
    Sorry to hear that - it certainly is a lot of cash. Might be less cost overall if you claim your insurance - they might be able to give you an idea about the cost impact if you call them and ask.

GCA3N
    Sorry to hear about this like you say sad little Sh1t's that could do stuff like that.