Sports Suspension - Factory Option

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Car
    R56 Factory JCW
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyP & Lenore View Post
    What he said. /\/\/\/\

'scuse the wording but..... Lenore and I like a good hard ride...
    There's an image we really didn't need haha!

From Factory JCW to Audi TT Quattro - Might be back one day!

watching me, watching you gauldrymini's Avatar
    Car
    TBA
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Guess who I just bumped into in JC's Andrew ?
    Sharon no doubt? ... Sharon said she was speaking to you yesterday...hope JC are able to sort your MINI in time for your run on friday.
    Last edited by gauldrymini; 13th April 2010 at 09:07 AM.

Ally S
    Quote Originally Posted by ianking View Post
    I certainly wouldnt want it. The JCW is hard enough without adding the harder set up.
    is the Sport suspension on a JCW different to Sport suspension on a cooper? or is that the sport plus then

Quote Originally Posted by atnova View Post
    can i ask how can u tell if the suspension is the sport one or not?
    cause mine is a r53 mcs second hand but my sister says that mine's is more bumpy than her friend's r53 mcs
    thanks
    Alex
    I got a spec sheet with my car that lists all the options. Has Sport suspension listed. You should be able to get the spec sheet from a Mini dealer

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    I had Sport Suspension Plus on my 2003 R53 S (with 16's - as I had on my first Cooper in 2001 - but the early 'Plus' setup on the Cooper was even harder!) which was just too jittery for its own good even on the smaller wheels, so I changed it for the JCW setup which was quite an improvement as it was set up for our roads as opposed to smooth German autobahns.

My new(ish) R56 S has Sports Suspension with 17" Runflats - which I find a bit too stiff sometimes, especially on many of our lumpy backroads - when you have to back off sometimes as the ride gets, shall we say, 'interesting', however, it's great on a decently smooth surface. I think on 16's it would be better more of the time, but the R56 looks better on 17's...... I was looking into the JCW Suspension for the R56 to see if it would give the same sort of improvement as it did on my old car, but I haven't been able to nail down enough info on it yet. I know Ian King reckons his car is fine without the Sports Suspension. I also reckon the ride height of the car is too bleedin' high and they've made it too stiff to stop it rolling - but that's probably me just havering. A setup which seems to be good for the R56 is Koni FSD Shocks with Eibach Springs and a few other Anti-Roll type bits - I'd love to try it just to see if it's as good as its made out to be.

It all depends on what you think is too stiff - I don't think any MINI is actually 'soft', so it's up to you how hard you want to go! With the way the economy is, the roads are going to have b**gger-all spent on them, so stiff suspension might be a bad idea.
    Last edited by ELFMAN; 15th April 2010 at 09:34 PM.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!