Mizen to Malin '03

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Linda M
    quote:Originally posted by WFCSo Willie will find another car in the drive when he gets back then! I've heard about you and your "just looking":)
    Ah well you see Euan, we've actually been to minimart a few times but Willie keeps telling me that we can't have anymore cars :(
    I'm not a good listener though

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    3 cheers for Linda, as if it wasn't bad enough me not getting to the ireland run cause i am working, i can just log on here every day and get a running report :dead: :)

:)

Bonnie Scotland

Linda M
    So far all I've got today is that they were in Galway in the middle of nowhere, having a great time though and it's a nice day

He's tried to phone a few times but we keep losing signal

At one point though he did happen to mention that there were a few pints of Guinness involved in last nights briefing

Linda M
    Just caught up with Willie.
    Fantastic day, 10hrs to cover 270 miles Left Glengarriff headed up northwest coast through stunning scenery. Stopped at Cliffs of Mohar (beauty spot). Travelled through Galway and Connemara, they have now stopped at the Hotel in Westpoint for the evening. Meeting a lot of nice friendly folk.

Alan, I think you lucked out cos he reckoned your car might have been to low for some of the roads, real Irish tracks !!!!

Linda M
    News Flash !!

American journalists flew in this morning. Guy takes the hot seat in the Daisy double JCW, goes too fast and loses it on the bumpy Irish tracks ends up in the verge bursting both passenger side tyres

Woman takes control a neat silver ONE and drove it straight into a parked car Willie is currently outside in the car park taking note of the damage :I

It's been another great social evening, once again with plenty of Guiness but my darling husband has assured me he's now off to bed as the day is catching up Hmmmmmmm, should I believe him :question:

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Linda, had i been with Willie he would have been tucked up in bed long before he said he was.

Bonnie Scotland

Linda M
    Just what I thought Alan

Linda M
    Bit late due to forum problems.

Last installment for the final day yesterday, Saturday. AidenL Joined in for todays leg. Rained most the day. They covered 310 miles once again in about 10hrs taking them through Sligo, Donegal, out to Malin head, down to Londonderry. Got a good few convoys going and the driving was real fun.

There was a big dinner event in the evening and it was about 3am before they got to bed !! Great night. Willie reckons over the 3 days there must've been about 200 folk, needless to say he only managed to meet about 25 of them. He's totally exhausted and glad he took a spare driver along with him but having said that he said it's been fantastic and can't wait 'til next year, looks like he's going back then. Aiden put a few pics up on the MINI2 thread for anyone who would like a look.

By the way, he's home now and we're going out for lunch

When we get back I'm going to have to get him booked in for 'colonic irrigation' to get all the Guinness out of him :evil:

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Phew, glad i didn't go now, sounds like Willie didn't enjoy himself :evil: and he went to bed at 3am, i wouldn't have lasted the pace and the weather was crap What me jealous no way :clown:

Bonnie Scotland

Sponsor & Jakey
    Aye, you missed nothing Alan

Made it home to Falkirk around 9.30pm last night (Sunday), total mileage for the trip (door to door), a whopping 1338 miles. Boy was it worth it though

Many, many miles of fantastic driving roads and some truly stunning scenery. Thursday and Friday were glorious, Saturday got a bit damp <ahem> but it in no way detracted from the fun :)

A truly great event, very well organised and a friendlier more welcoming bunch of folks you couldn't hope to meet. Just over 80 cars registered on the run (included 10-12 MINI's).

I'll be working on a wee travelogue over the next few days, I'll send you off a copy Monsta Hopefully get something up on our own wee site too at some point.

Would I do it all again:question: ..... 'course I would :):)

Willie
    (away for 'another' wee lie down) :sleepy:
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)