Mizen to Malin '03

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sponsor & Jakey
    Still sad that Uncle Bonnie Scotland was [s]arrested[/s] called away at the last moment :( but I'm off to Ireland tomorrow folks

I'll be calling home occasionally so Linda might update you with my progress around the Emerald Isle.

Now be good children, and play nice when I'm away :clown:

Now where did I leave those clean pants???
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)

Monsta Mo Mini
    Make sure you take plenty of pics and write a witty and amusing diary of the trip for publication in events. That way we can all laugh at you getting lost when you run out of road signs (as they appear to have done in the far west).

Wul
    With all that guiness flowing Willie - you'll need more than clean pants !!

Have a GREAT time and don't forget to take the bank cards/cheque book/ credit cards/ piggy bank incase linda gets the urge!

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Sniff sniff, i'm not annoyed cause i'm offshore, sniff sniff, i'm absolutely gutted :disapprove:

Bonnie Scotland

Linda M
    Quick update, I've had a really busy day with Willie's money

He left at 11am this morning heading to Stranraer for what he said was a very 'impressive' ferry. Crossing was fine but Stouffer was frightened. Willie and Cammy spent the whole crossing eating and playing arcade games :clown: Arrived Belfast and drove to Dublin where they are now sitting eating 'again' in a Little Chef

Linda M
    Willie was on the phone earlier. It's taken him an hour to drive 33 miles, typical Irish roads

Monsta Mo Mini
    quote:
    Willie and Cammy spent the whole crossing eating and playing arcade games :clown: Arrived Belfast and drove to Dublin where they are now sitting eating 'again' in a Little Chef
    Now there's a surprise...:clown:

Linda M
    Took them 4hrs to get to Cork. They registered and left at 4pm for the first phase, 100 miles to Mizen Head.

Incidentally, the first guy he met had Daisy's double only with the JCW conversion! He's one of the organisers and owns a garage, Willie said he was raving about the kit which makes me feel a bit better about the delay Willie also said that there were a fair few MINI's and he was quite surprised. There's an American journalist come over to do a feature on the run and he's getting a JCW 'S' to drive.

Everyone he's met so far has been real nice, sounded like they were enjoying themselves anyway :)

Linda M
    Ok, the first phase took them to Mizen head for the 'official' start of the run (5pm).

80 mini's registered and he reckon's there's about 10 MINI's so far. Some folk are joining up on route. Willie says there are some real 'smashing' mini's there (funny I was thinking about taking a run over to minimart tomorrow, just to look of course ) !!

So they're now at the hotel in Glengarriff where there is to be a briefing at 9pm. Tomorrow it's a 5am start They covered 270 miles over the day. He said that as expected some of the roads are unreal. Folk are great though :)

WFC
    quote:Willie says there are some real 'smashing' mini's there (funny I was thinking about taking a run over to minimart tomorrow, just to look of course
    So Willie will find another car in the drive when he gets back then! I've heard about you and your "just looking":)