excessive tyre squeal!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CooperTrooper
    anyone else noticed this? or is it just my driving style? :disapprove:

at first, i thought it was cool, but now its borderin on embarrasing! one sharp pull on the wheel is all thats needed! i reckon at this rate im gonna be lucky to get 8k out my front tyres!

ive got teh 16" goodyear run flats, anyone tried any other run flat makes? better/worse? squeal more/less? or is changing to normal tyres viable?

how may miles are you'se peoples getting out of front tyres? and wahts the best price/place to go?

cheers!

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    It must be your driving:evil:

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    quote:Originally posted by CooperTrooper

anyone else noticed this? or is it just my driving style? :disapprove:
    at first, i thought it was cool, but now its borderin on embarrasing! one sharp pull on the wheel is all thats needed! i reckon at this rate im gonna be lucky to get 8k out my front tyres!
    ive got teh 16" goodyear run flats, anyone tried any other run flat makes? better/worse? squeal more/less? or is changing to normal tyres viable?
    how may miles are you'se peoples getting out of front tyres? and wahts the best price/place to go?
    cheers!
    Hmm....
    I got the 17" Dunplop runflats...
    I've only had them squeal a couple of times... once was on Cobbles and White lines.. and the other was during some erm... 'energetic' cornering on a Monte-style road up near Tumme Bridge!!

As for mileage.. hmm done over 17k and the fronts still have plenty of life left in 'em... the rears still look brand new!!

Time to swap them over soon I think, If I can get the b@st@rd wheel nuts off! I bent the locking nut key last weekend trying! :mad:
    they've been put on a wee bit tight!! :blackeye::disapprove:
    The joys of airguns huh?

CooperTrooper
    hhhhmmmmmm,

arent you the john that only got 7500 to the first service? :approve:

CooperTrooper
    LOW_LOUD

you've got me wondering, where is my lockin wheel key? i dont remember them tellin me anything bout it!, i suppose though, with run flats i shouldnt ever need the wheel off.

i had a clio172 before, and it could corner quickly without the tyre squealing, i think its mibbe down to the amount of rubber in the sidewalls?

Or am i just a nut-job driver?

CooperTrooper, my locking wheel key is in the little cubby , behind a flap, on the left hand side of the boot. Should be a little tool roll in there. Thats on a cooper S mind, which doesnt have a compartment under the boot carpet for spare wheel etc, cause the batteries there :)

GAJ
    Mine is in a foam tray under the boot carpet. When I had the 16" runflats they were pretty chirpy, especially dropping the clutch at 4500rpm!!

Car
    Mini Cooper
    quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1
    As for mileage.. hmm done over 17k and the fronts still have plenty of life left in 'em... the rears still look brand new!!
    I never get more than 10,000 miles out of a set of front tyres! :evil: :clown: :I
    I also noticed the Mini tyres tend to squeal on the sharp corners on my way to work

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    quote:Originally posted by GAJ

Mine is in a foam tray under the boot carpet. When I had the 16" runflats they were pretty chirpy, especially dropping the clutch at 4500rpm!!
    Ummm...yup... what he says...
    It's in there beside the Jack and other toys...

Starky
    Are you driving with the traction control off :question: