RF Tyres

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The Dogfather
    I just can't understand why you'd go for RFs, even MINI fit normal tyres (optional) from new. I'd just buy a space saver wheel or a can of gunk.

Delboy
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dogfather View Post
    I just can't understand why you'd go for RFs, even MINI fit normal tyres (optional) from new. I'd just buy a space saver wheel or a can of gunk.
    Because Ken only needs two for the front .

The Dogfather
    Ah, but aren't 4 non RFs nearly as cheap as 2 RFs?

Resident old yin.
    I know, non-RFs are better handling and cheaper.

However, I have nowhere to store a spare in the car - its an S.

Also, I don't believe that the gunk will work well unless it is a tiny puncture.

Has anyone actually used these cans? Do they provide a permanent fix?

Resident old yin.
    Ah, but aren't 4 non RFs nearly as cheap as 2 RFs?
    It does not seem that way when searching. They appear to be about 10-20% more expensive than standard tyres.

The Dogfather
    The gunk didn't work when I hit a pothole and spit the sidewall, but it did work when I got a nail. Its not a permanent fix but it gets you to a garage to have the puncture repaired.

I forgot the hatch doesn't have the spare wheel well like the clubbie, oops. Mind you neither do I as its filled with subwoofer and amps

Resident old yin.
    The gunk didn't work when I hit a pothole and spit the sidewall, but it did work when I got a nail. Its not a permanent fix but it gets you to a garage to have the puncture repaired.
    Can a tyre be repaired after you use the gunk then?

The Dogfather
    Mine was, they have to clean it though first.

Some places make a charge for cleaning though, I used the holts tyreweld BTW.

Resident old yin.
    Mine was, they have to clean it though first.

Some places make a charge for cleaning though, I used the holts tyreweld BTW.
    Interesting - I may think more about this option!

Do you think a simple can of tyreweld would be as effective or better than the "MINI Mobility System" of glue and a compressor? The can is no doubt much easier to use.

The Dogfather
    This might be of interest

I guess the fall back is that if you get a puncture and it can't be repaired then you always have the MINI breakdown assistance.