Phone Call to JC Aberdeen

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by KenL View Post
    That's not true. Any warranty work they carry out will be billed to MINI.

If you are not happy with them, you can get warranty work carried out at any dealer.
    That's true, but MINI won't pay them as much for labour as they would charge you as an individual - so a lot of dealers aren't interested in warranty work for this reason.

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Well Roxy was back into JCs today who were on their last chance! Problem was the same, engine rattling and after driving back from xscape on Sunday even had a couple of misfires! Phone call at 4:30 telling me after hooking up the car to the computer they found that the timing was out and replaced the timing chain with a longer one...THAT'S ONLY WHAT IVE BEEN TELLING YOU GUYS FOR THE LAST MONTH AND A HALF!!!

Happy to say though that the engine now sounds totally different and sweeter! Question for the techies, if the timing chain has been changed, is the power delivery any smoother as it certainly feels it, almost even a bit more responsive?
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

Wheelspin Kid
    Car
    mini cooper red/white
    Good to hear you got this fixed eventually

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Well I had my timing chain tensioner changed the other day and it defo feels smoother but that may just be me !!!

I don't know exactly how it all works, but if the timing chain has been replaced, the timing will be more accurate, and possibly the ECU will advance the ignition timing due to less knocking, and therefore smoother combustion?

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Resident old yin.
    Quote Originally Posted by N16SHP View Post
    Well Roxy was back into JCs today who were on their last chance! Problem was the same, engine rattling and after driving back from xscape on Sunday even had a couple of misfires! Phone call at 4:30 telling me after hooking up the car to the computer they found that the timing was out and replaced the timing chain with a longer one...THAT'S ONLY WHAT IVE BEEN TELLING YOU GUYS FOR THE LAST MONTH AND A HALF!!!

Happy to say though that the engine now sounds totally different and sweeter! Question for the techies, if the timing chain has been changed, is the power delivery any smoother as it certainly feels it, almost even a bit more responsive?
    Did you get any paperwork?

I would want to know if it was the latest PUMA fix for the "cold start rattle" that was carried out.

This web article makes interesting reading: http://www.motoringfile.com/2009/05/...d-start-issue/

Car
    F56 Cooper
    No I didn't get an paperwork, just got my keys and a sweet sounding engine. It's funny, cos the engine is relatively quiet now, you can hear the exhaust more!!!
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.