Phone Call to JC Aberdeen

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    Putting Vpower in wont make any difference to the engine rattle, what a load of pi$h they are telling you. The rattle is due to the timing chain tensioner not keeping the chain in the right tension. Petrol goes into the cylinders not into the timing chain area.
    Go back to them and tell them you want the latest fix of PUMA number 10686850, I think they are on number 16 or so now.

My car is going into their bodyshop, rust on the tailgate. Anyone had any experience of JC Aberdeen's bodyshop?

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Well after driving around for the past 4 days, the rattle is back, and the engine is still making a noise. I have decided I can live with the rattle, its just part of the car, but its the noise coming from the engine I am worried about. The car is out of warranty next month, and I want it sorted before then. I get the feeling they don't want to help me because there is no money in it for them. Its sad to think that having such a crap dealer experience can make you think about going for a test drive in something else
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Irvine dealer was an arse when I went to try a Dooper. Offered half what my old car was traded in for a few month later and took the huff when I did not want to deal on a box standard red Cooper when I said I wanted the Blue or Silver.

Douglas park Hamilton I wanted to check out a car but no one was there, a Girl was walking about and when I asked She said she would get the sales guy, Guy comes out takes a look and disappears. 20 minutes later I walk out.

Week later go to Menzies and the Girl could not be more helpful and they had the right car for me so bought it. Had to go back to get a new Alloy and tyre a week later off them for free but apart from that happy.

You'd think they could work out if you mess people about they will
    go elsewere. Hope you get it fixed.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Resident old yin.
    Quote Originally Posted by N16SHP View Post
    Well after driving around for the past 4 days, the rattle is back, and the engine is still making a noise. I have decided I can live with the rattle, its just part of the car, but its the noise coming from the engine I am worried about. The car is out of warranty next month, and I want it sorted before then. I get the feeling they don't want to help me because there is no money in it for them. Its sad to think that having such a crap dealer experience can make you think about going for a test drive in something else
    That's not true. Any warranty work they carry out will be billed to MINI.

If you are not happy with them, you can get warranty work carried out at any dealer.

Delboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Sav112 View Post
    Douglas park Hamilton I wanted to check out a car but no one was there, a Girl was walking about and when I asked She said she would get the sales guy, Guy comes out takes a look and disappears. 20 minutes later I walk out.
    I think you can just be unlucky with a dealer. I got my car from DP in Hamilton and the salesman couldn't have been more helpful - even when I got the window smashed the day I collected the car he helped me make some arrangements to get the car inspected and repaired.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by KenL View Post
    That's not true. Any warranty work they carry out will be billed to MINI.

If you are not happy with them, you can get warranty work carried out at any dealer.
    Yeah, I'm thinking about taking it down to JC Dundee to see if they are any better!

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Yeah, I'm thinking about taking it down to JC Dundee to see if they are any better!
    Thats a defo. I took my car there after trying 2 other dealers and it was third time lucky. I was treated very well and they agreed to get my fault fixed and when I requested. Top Service

Car
    F56 Cooper
    My only problem with JC in Dundee is I would need a courtasy car, and I dunno how that works with my age as it's not on my insurance! I'm 23 btw!

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    My only problem with JC in Dundee is I would need a courtasy car, and I dunno how that works with my age as it's not on my insurance! I'm 23 btw!
    best giving them a quick call to check, or maybe David could check for you