Rust

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Stacey1704
    I was washing my car today and found a few rust bubbles above the wheel arch. The car is a 54 plate and I only got it last month from mini in giffnock. Does anyone know if this could be fixed under warranty or if I will have rust warranty? It will be 6 years old in October.

baptie
    http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/for...-!on-rear-wing

I am going back in today to see Harrys

Stacey1704
    I'm starting to doubt it can be repaired under warranty because it looks as if it is chips that have caused it.
    Taking it in to John Clarks on friday anyway. They are going to take pics supposedly.

baptie
    took mine to harrys today and they say its stone chips yet Douglas park said they would do it under warranty.
    Have to call Douglas Park tomorrow.

Stacey1704
    Quote Originally Posted by baptie View Post
    took mine to harrys today and they say its stone chips yet Douglas park said they would do it under warranty.
    Have to call Douglas Park tomorrow.
    Are they getting it sorted for you then?

So annoyed at harry fairnbairn, if they had sent out the touch up paint as promised then maybe my car wouldnt be getting rusty. I will never buy from them again.

baptie
    Douglas Park are getting Curtosy car for Friday, they see it is under the paint coming out.
    Glad as it just looks nasty.

Hope to drop it of for 3 on Friday and get it back sometime next week. not in any hurry as it is on rear quarter and drivers door.

Let us know how you get on Stacey.

Stacey1704
    JC are going to fix the rust problem. :) Just waiting to hear back from them about when it will get fixed. Hope its not in for a long time.

Found about 5 separate rust spots on my 3 year old S yesterday when I was cleaning it...not impressed at all!

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Quote Originally Posted by AeroJonny View Post
    Found about 5 separate rust spots on my 3 year old S yesterday when I was cleaning it...not impressed at all!
    thats not good Jonny.

baptie
    Mine is in on Monday at DP Hamilton, MOT while its in.

Both doors and OS rear quarter rust bubbles defo from the inside out