"Mods" and insurance!

Resident old yin.
    Hi,

Just got my renewal in for insurance from L&V.

Thought I better mention the new chrome mirrors and scoop fitted recently as strictly speaking they are "mods". Computer says an extra £30

Still, at least I can sleep

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Thats just silly, I dont even think my stripes are down on my coop.

Fair enough if you drastically change the performance but mirrors and a change of Scoop should not come into it. I just think everything like the banks, insurance etc are taking the piss.

The house contents insurance went up £50 as I live half a mile from the River cart on a map, that got sorted as if my house gets flooded then the whole of Glasgow is under 300 feet of water as I live top of a hill looking over the City.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Resident old yin.
    I know, but their argument is that the replacement parts could be more to replace and the flash bits make your car more attractive to thieves and could attract attention from jealous eyes etc.