18 inch tyres - non runflats

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    clubman0_1
    right i've decide im taking mini off the run flats as got aa cover and im not paying £170 for a tyre. cause im scottish and a miserable sod

thinking of fitting yokohama prada as can get a set of 4 for £360 fitted and balenced whih is only £20 more than 2 runflats and i can punt the good ones . bar that the bridgestones ain't handling the power

anyone 215 40 18 tyre and got an opinion?

any better size to use than above ?

anyone run yokohama prada ?

opinions welcome ?

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    I just put on rainsport 2 on mine though 17ins wheels and was £350. I'm delighted by the way the car's handling with them. These got very good reviews and they look good too.

Dear Lord, If you wont make me skinny, please make my friends fat-very Fat.

The Dogfather
    I'm a fan of the Rainsports, unlike the Pradas they work in the wet

baptie
    cause im scottish and a miserable sod
    Tight big Git!

I was thinking of ditching run flats when tyre change comes for a little more comfort, very harsh ride.
    Was just wondering if the non run flat would make that much ride difference?

I heard something a while back about not being able to fit non run flat onto Mini alloys......guess thats crap then?

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Comfort is MUCH better on STD tyres. Feel Is also better.

you can fit either types of tyres to mini wheels

baptie
    ta much Craig

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dogfather View Post
    I'm a fan of the Rainsports, unlike the Pradas they work in the wet
    That's why I went for them. Most frequent adverse driving conditions we have is caused by rain. According to one review I looked at they also handle very well in dry conditions.

Dear Lord, If you wont make me skinny, please make my friends fat-very Fat.

clubman0_1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheilz View Post
    That's why I went for them. Most frequent adverse driving conditions we have is caused by rain. According to one review I looked at they also handle very well in dry conditions.
    who makes rainsports?

clubman0_1
    Quote Originally Posted by baptie View Post
    Tight big Git!

I was thinking of ditching run flats when tyre change comes for a little more comfort, very harsh ride.
    Was just wondering if the non run flat would make that much ride difference?

I heard something a while back about not being able to fit non run flat onto Mini alloys......guess thats crap then?
    not the only tight git then - partly for comfort as well with me

think 18's are even worse than 17's. found 3 alloys on ebay with tyres for £100 each so might kill 2 birds with one stones and lose the 2 damaged alloys at same time

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    Uniroyal make the rainsports