Mini valuation

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    baptie
    if possible can you post pics of the bad bits.......1k sounds well low to me unless that picture was 5years ago and your scuttle is rotten!!!

Mini_Disaster
    Quote Originally Posted by ianking View Post
    Ive built several over the years.

Yeah daft folk on ebay are asking 2-3k for a wreck but they dont get their asking prices.

From the pics and description your car doesnt need too much welding but then it really is a hard thing to judge the condition of a mini until you see it for real and poke about them.
    Sounds like the head needs to come of the engine for a start but perhaps its further into the engine causing the smoke, such as the piston rings.

Yeah got to be sensible, as much as I may like 2-3k I cant see it happening!

Nah not needing much in the way of welding, ive lifted the carpet and its solid on the floor pans, subframe looks solid enough & the front end was done prior to us buying it.

Engine wise, I cant remember how/when it was smoking. ie - under load or all time. Its been so long but I seem to recall thinking it was the rings that needed done. Its done 70k, would be time getting a full rebuild top & bottom if iI was wanting it to keep it!!

Mini_Disaster
    Quote Originally Posted by baptie View Post
    if possible can you post pics of the bad bits.......1k sounds well low to me unless that picture was 5years ago and your scuttle is rotten!!!
    It was taken around 2yrs ago prior to pushing it into the garage.

Mini_Disaster
    Few more pic's I found

Hole in the boot floor -

Arch that came off -

Inside -

Didnt get any of the sill with the hole in it.

Mini_Disaster
    Pretty sure this wasnt long before we took it off the road -

It is a good looking car, just needs a bit of work doing.
    Last edited by Mini_Disaster; 8th March 2010 at 08:18 PM.

baptie
    quick sale defo 1k, no less.
    If you get the right person you may get more. really isn't bad
    Make sure the battery is fully charged and it starts and moves.

Sill, boot lid, rear valance and a bit of light rust on front panel. If a boot lid is getting sprayed the front panel might as well get hit as well.

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    To add to the above list I think the dash needs to come out as it looks loke the dash rail is rusting from the inside to the outside. I bet if you took the screen out the scuttle would be rusting under the seal, the seals on the late cars are a bad design. Not a huge amount of work though for a body shop but I would say it is as you thought on the £1k mark but like Baptie said, dont let it go for less than that though. Any more and your a winner so start them high at say £1600 and see where you go.

If I didnt have my project on the go I would have given you an offer of £1k.

baptie

moan the knackered scuttles

Mini_Disaster
    Ive removed the dash, its not too bad in each corner. Taking the screens out was going to be the next job.

Back ends stripped of fuel tank.battery etc ready for me welding so it wouldnt be practical for me to have it running for anyone.

I'll see what this guy offers then and i'll stick to my guns of no lower than a grand. After all fixed its going to be worth 3-4k minimum, it certainly wont cost 2-3k to fix!!

Yeh definately dont accept no less than £1000 stick to your guns someone will pay it mine was bought for £550 and is alot worse than yours lol
    2011 Mini CooperS COUNTRYMAN with CHILLI PACK in ROYAL GREY , 1998 Mini COOPERSPORT in BRITISH RACING GREEN