Mini valuation

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mini_Disaster
    We've had this for a while intending to restore it but its just not happening so im looking to sell now.

[IMG][/IMG]

Cooper 1.3mpi sportspack.
    P reg - 70k

Important part is its needing work, bit of welding to at least one of the sills & the boot floor/rear valance, bit of paint, some engine tlc as its blowing black smoke. So in all a nice project for someone but I just cant seem to find the time any more.

Got a man who really wants it coming for a look today or tom0orrow. So whats it worth in its current condition as a project?

Car
    F56 Cooper
    I’m no expert and this is purely observation but these classics don’t go cheap, 2-3K right upto over 8K even needing work.

Example being below and it need new sils and does not look half as nice as yours

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1996-P-reg-ROVER-MINI-1-3i_W0QQitemZ380209643336QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomob iles_UK?hash=item588642bf48

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1996-ROVER-MINI-COOPER-1-3I-BLUE-WHITE_W0QQitemZ180474739594QQcategoryZ38708QQcmdZV iewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m263QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DDLSL %252BSIC%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BI EW%252BFICS%252BUFI%26otn%3D10%26po%3D%26ps%3D63%2 6clkid%3D8350198594505120899

I’d go looking in the car sale sites and get an impression what people are paying for these.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/list.asp?s=151
    Last edited by Stewart; 8th March 2010 at 03:16 PM.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

baptie
    Great Condition you are looking 4.5k to 6k

Good Conditions you are looking at 3.5k - 4.5k

Project anything less than 3.5k

Haven't really saw any other pictures but I wouldn't accept anything less than 3.5k.
    70k is a touch high but it looks a mint wee motor, as long as webasto doesn't leak and is factory fitted.
    Wouldn't really call it a project, won't take much to make it tip top condition.

Let us know how you get on

Stevie

Mini_Disaster
    I was going to try and get a grand for it. As my understanding is you pay about 2-3k for an ok one (running/mot'd), 3-4k for a good one and then 5-6k and anywhere above for a minter.

This ones needing work on various levels, certainly more than im prepared to take on & im not wanting to start throwing buckets of cash at it.

Think a bag of sand sounds reasonable?
    Last edited by Mini_Disaster; 8th March 2010 at 05:05 PM.

Mini_Disaster
    Quote Originally Posted by baptie View Post
    Great Condition you are looking 4.5k to 6k

Good Conditions you are looking at 3.5k - 4.5k

Project anything less than 3.5k

Haven't really saw any other pictures but I wouldn't accept anything less than 3.5k.
    70k is a touch high but it looks a mint wee motor, as long as webasto doesn't leak and is factory fitted.
    Wouldn't really call it a project, won't take much to make it tip top condition.

Let us know how you get on

Stevie
    Ive probably put up a picture of its best side to be honest the front end doesnt really need much doing. The boot floor is dust, and the passenger sill has a hole in it & generally a few blisters in the usual bits, its by no means mint, but deffo not scrap either its got good bits & bad bits!

I just dont want it anymore, fed up with it.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    1k would be a steal....Unless the shell is rotten. there is shells selling for £400.

There are a few on here building original Mini's. you should have added Classic added to your title.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Mini_Disaster
    Hmmmm, maybe im wrong then.

Shells not rotten at all, it just needs some work in the usual places.

I guess for someone to do the work themselves it wouldnt cost much to put right at all.

I'll wait for some others to reply before I decide what im wanting for it. Would be good to get a few opinions.

No one on here looking for one per chance?? Its a complete car and even has some spares/new panels to go.

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    I would say your not far off with the grand mark but if you get a touch more then all the better for you.
    A boy I know just bought a taxed and tested S reg sportpack with 60k for £800.
    No welsing needed just the front end flashed over. It was a bargain.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Well I'll take Ian's word for it as he's building one, I was just going on what i had seen for sale.

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    Quote Originally Posted by Sav112 View Post
    Well I'll take Ian's word for it as he's building one, I was just going on what i had seen for sale.
    Ive built several over the years.

Yeah daft folk on ebay are asking 2-3k for a wreck but they dont get their asking prices.

From the pics and description your car doesnt need too much welding but then it really is a hard thing to judge the condition of a mini until you see it for real and poke about them.
    Sounds like the head needs to come of the engine for a start but perhaps its further into the engine causing the smoke, such as the piston rings.