Thinking about changing the colour of my wheels....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Forbes
    Quote Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
    I popped into Motorsound in Battlefield and got a trade-in price for my Pace alloys against a new set of alloys - they would only give me £100 because "we don't get many Mini drivers in looking for genuine Mini wheels".

My first reaction was to tell him to get lost but perhaps this is the going rate for trading-in? I'm sure I could squeeze a little bit more out of him but I suspect not much.

What does everyone think?

(btw, while I was talking to the guy outside the shop, Aiden McGeady showed up in his white 5.0l BMW X6 with huge anthracite alloys. The guy said he came in all the time to get his wheels changed . I was so tempted to ask him if he liked my choice of wheel or if he was "impartial" )
    Ebay them? Sell them on forums?

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    I think if that is just for wheels and a couple need refurbed then that price is about right

Delboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Forbes View Post
    Ebay them? Sell them on forums?
    Yes, I could try that but I wondered if folk thought they were only worth about £100.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Aiden McGeady
    Must have changed from his black R8, the one he forgets to put the petrol cap back on . Honestly I know its probably a sponsors car but it was a 58 plate and it looked as if every car in the car park had dinged it and a few bad ones at that total shame.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Delboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I think if that is just for wheels and a couple need refurbed then that price is about right
    Thanks Craig. One would need refurbed to bring it up to the standard of the other three.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by Delboy View Post

(btw, while I was talking to the guy outside the shop, Aiden McGeady showed up in his white 5.0l BMW X6 with huge anthracite alloys. The guy said he came in all the time to get his wheels changed . I was so tempted to ask him if he liked my choice of wheel or if he was "impartial" )
    I quite like Tony Mowbray's attempt to rescue him, he didn't paint a good picture of himself either lol!
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

try trading your wheels in with bmautosport.co.uk I used this guy and he is great a big hit with the BMW guys.

£30 will get your alloys down to him and you get yours the following day. Or you could drive down.

I had a set of webspokes from powdertec and gave them back if you want more details pm me.
    Cooper Coupe...

Delboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    try trading your wheels in with bmautosport.co.uk I used this guy and he is great a big hit with the BMW guys.

£30 will get your alloys down to him and you get yours the following day. Or you could drive down.

I had a set of webspokes from powdertec and gave them back if you want more details pm me.
    Thanks for this . I will check out that guy.

On the webspokes, I saw a set this week in powdertec that had been refurbished - they want £500 for them but they weren't interested in taking my pace alloys in p/x.

Delboy
    This is for Shielz. I re-done the photo with the Pace alloys in matt black (I think this is better than my first attempt ).

I actually quite like this as an option now
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Clubman with matt.jpg  

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    Cheers Derek. That does look much better than first effort. Thanks

Dear Lord, If you wont make me skinny, please make my friends fat-very Fat.