Thinking about changing the colour of my wheels....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Forbes
    Quote Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
    Yeah, I think I'll stick with silver .

I popped in to Powdertec today and really liked their "sparkle silver" paint which is a bright metal fleck finish and would certainly be a bit brighter than my current silver colour. I could get their 1-day refurb service for £275.

They also had a set of refurbished 17" split-rim web spoke alloys (genuine Mini) for sale which looked quite nice but he wasn't interested in taking my Pace alloys in part exchange . They're actually listed on eBay for £500, which seems a bit excessive to me. I'd have been very tempted to take them though if he'd given me a reasonable p/x price - they are nice wheels (although cleaning time would have gone up considerably ).
    For £275 would you not almost be aswell with a change? Just another option

Delboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Forbes View Post
    For £275 would you not almost be aswell with a change? Just another option
    It's an option for sure but if I go to an aftermarket wheel then there will be insurance implications but if I keep the existing wheel or even replace with a genuine Mini wheel then that's not an issue. That's why I was attracted to the genuine web spoke alloys - they would make a nice change but at £500 I'd need to be sure I could sell my Pace alloys to reduce the overall cost.

I'm not in a hurry so will keep my options open for now and maybe something else will come up.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Must say if its these, then thats one of my fav set of wheels for the Mini.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Delboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Sav112 View Post
    Must say if its these, then thats one of my fav set of wheels for the Mini.
    Yup, those are the ones! Wanna buy my Pace alloys?

euan
    You have to watch split rims - they are a nightmare to refurb and not many places will do it. Mine corroded on the join where salt had got between the two pieces of metal and ended up looking a right mess.

In saying that, they did look fantastic ;-)

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
    Yup, those are the ones! Wanna buy my Pace alloys?
    I'm happy with my 16" thank you very much
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    I would deff try and get a warranty claim from MINI. BMW/MINI wheels are bad for corrosion and it's a knowen problem
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Obviously don't expect a warranty claim if the corrosion is around stone chips or kerbing
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Delboy
    Quote Originally Posted by MINI William View Post
    I would deff try and get a warranty claim from MINI. BMW/MINI wheels are bad for corrosion and it's a knowen problem
    Thanks - I might do. (The corrosion is not due to stone chips or kerbing.)

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    I agree with the majority. Looks best in silver to match your roof.. These are the same wheels I've on Dougall. Could you do me a favour and photoshop them in black, but not shiny black so I can see what they'd look like? Cheers

Dear Lord, If you wont make me skinny, please make my friends fat-very Fat.