Thinking about changing the colour of my wheels....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Well, i like the dark colour

Delboy
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gismo Man View Post
    Well, i like the dark colour
    Oh, one vote for the dark side. Hmmm......

Wheelspin Kid
    Car
    mini cooper red/white
    Like the silver

Car
    F56 Cooper
    I think if the Roof was Black then the dark wheels would look fine but agree that with your light roof the light alloy’s look better in my opinion. Why not a new style of wheels.

How bad was the wheel your car is a good bit newer than my car and I’d say I had tar spots here and there and brake dust but not corrosion, unless I’m missing it and I’m anal when it comes to finding things like new chips etc.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Delboy
    Thanks again to all for your feedback . It looks to be a resounding "no" to the darker wheels and I'm not really that surprised.

As for the corrosion, one wheel was touched up around the rim before I got the car and some paint has flaked off plus there is some bubbling of the original paint between the spokes. The other wheels are pretty good though - one has a very slight kerbing scuff and another has a stone chip on a spoke, although there are signs of the paint starting to bubble between spokes on these "good" wheels too. It's quite poor for wheels that are less than 2 years old, even if they weren't looked after particularly well before I got the car.

I might consider replacing the wheels with a new design but I still like the Pace alloys and they're so easy to clean .

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    i would def stay with the lighter ones as go's with the car and will bmw not re furb them if they are standerd bmw wheels as its under 3 year old and also rusting so i would be looking at geting them to pay for it
    New sig coming soon

Delboy
    Quote Originally Posted by stoney View Post
    i would def stay with the lighter ones as go's with the car and will bmw not re furb them if they are standerd bmw wheels as its under 3 year old and also rusting so i would be looking at geting them to pay for it
    Yeah, I wondered about trying a warranty claim but I suspect they'd reject it or only accept that the worst one was worthy of refurbishment since three of the alloys are in the "not bad" category. Might check it out though.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    For cleaning I'm with you on that one, my wheels are a pain to clean.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

euan
    I say stay silver.

And cleaning pain is 15 spokes on my A4. They collect brake dust and gunk in against the spokes, never seen anything like it, and it's a NIGHTMARE!!!

Delboy
    Yeah, I think I'll stick with silver .

I popped in to Powdertec today and really liked their "sparkle silver" paint which is a bright metal fleck finish and would certainly be a bit brighter than my current silver colour. I could get their 1-day refurb service for £275.

They also had a set of refurbished 17" split-rim web spoke alloys (genuine Mini) for sale which looked quite nice but he wasn't interested in taking my Pace alloys in part exchange . They're actually listed on eBay for £500, which seems a bit excessive to me. I'd have been very tempted to take them though if he'd given me a reasonable p/x price - they are nice wheels (although cleaning time would have gone up considerably ).